Hopper+Sling cannot link to Joey

alokep

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 29, 2013
USA
I switched my Hopper for a Hopper+Sling. The H+S is working fine but the Joey and H+S cannot link-up. The Dish phone support had me disconnect the power and the co-ax from both H+S and the J. Then do the following in sequence: 1. reconnect power to the H+S 2. When "acquiring satellites" displays. reconnect the coax on the H+S 3. When the H+S is fully functional, reconnect the power to the J 4. When the J starts to look for a Hopper, reconnect the coax to the J. Nothing makes a difference. H+S shows the Joey and Joey shows the H+S on the Settings-network-Whole House page but the cursor won't go to that device! (see attached screens) And the Joey starts to look for a Hopper w the old serial #. They have scheduled a service call but I can try something suggested here...

Attachments

• IMG_0395 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0395 (Small).JPG
    35 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_0396 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0396 (Small).JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 404
While in the whole-home menu on the Joey hit the LEFT arrow key and it should highlight the Hopper. Press SELECT and it should link. Then click SAVE.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I fixed the problem by selecting "Full" instead of "Restricted" in the Broadband settings for MoCA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts