Hopper slows and freezes, loses Joeys, and I have to reboot

rockinm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Katy, TX
I'm on my 3rd hopper since December. First they thought the harddrive was going bad, but seems to be a universal problem w/ most dish hoppers these days. Received replacement hopper and it started doing the same thing. Now on 3rd hopper and it started with this behavior the 2nd day I had it. Have to hit the reset button every day now. Wife is not happy when she loses her shows or it freezes while watching. Last software update has messed up everybody's hopper. looking for solution now for 3 months. I chat w/ dish everytime it happens, they don't even seem to know about the problem.

Our hopper just crashed a few days ago. It's extremely frustrating. It seems every update they do it fixes the problem but creates a new one .

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This sw for the original hopper has been the worst for me. Strange happening recordings, ptat events only recording for one minute, frequent internet connectivity drops, most annoying is when watching a recorded event of I press info then cancel uhh freezes and goes to live tv. Oh and the conflict resolution screen has been causing lockup and reboot.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Somewhere in the last few updates, my reliable 2H system when to shite. I do not know what the heck DISH is doing, but as someone who is usually a DISH defender, I am starting to get torqued that I keep having to reboot both Hs from hard freezing daily, and that I am having recordings skipped entirely for no apparent reason. Yes, I disabled the HDMI-CEC although I have no idea why that would make a difference. Clearly the code in the last few updates skipped fixing any of the long-standing annoyances and managed to add some major problems at the same time. I dread calling DISH about it too, because I know I am going to have to go through a bunch of bull troubleshooting, when these Hoppers were fine before the software updates.

I will probably have to. I have been trying to tough it out, waiting for another update or for this set to sort themselves out. Since building PCs is my hobby, I am familiar with the "magic" concept of software glitches just up and fixing themselves one day, but this just seems to get worse. I am going to try one more thing. We have a new (Christmas new) XBox One. Currently, the XBox and Hopper are not connected together in any way. The XBox is only connected to a spare television and to the home network. However, in case some odd, hinky, typical PC bugaboo crap is going on between the Hopper and the XBox on the network itself somehow, my next step is to power down and disconnect the XBox from the network completely, and see if any improvement occurs with the Hopper. Doubtful, but it is all part of troubleshooting.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts