Hopper -> Supper Joey connection problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

littlecloud319

Tech guru
Original poster
May 22, 2017
Black Creek WI
Every once in awhile when I turn my super joey on it won’t/can’t connect to the hopper unless I either pull the power plug and plug back in or do a reset through the diagnostics screen which is the software equivalent. I’m wondering if this could be a problem at the solo node or integrator. All entry points into the house have been sealed up with silicone and are still good as of today. So that make me figure that maybe water is entering through a connection at the node or integrator which are located outside. Can the constant freezing and thawing of our wisconsin weather cause any cracks where water could get in? I made sure all the connections were tight before winter hit us.

Every once in awhile when I turn my super joey on it won’t/can’t connect to the hopper unless I either pull the power plug and plug back in or do a reset through the diagnostics screen which is the software equivalent. I’m wondering if this could be a problem at the solo node or integrator. All entry points into the house have been sealed up with silicone and are still good as of today. So that make me figure that maybe water is entering through a connection at the node or integrator which are located outside. Can the constant freezing and thawing of our wisconsin weather cause any cracks where water could get in? I made sure all the connections were tight before winter hit us.

I’ve seen integrators fail before. Some have the rubber grommet in the barrel connector, and some do not. I never figured that one out.

You may want to see if you can get a tech and ask him to switch you over to hybrid. IMO hybrid is way more efficient, especially on Super Joey setups

I’ve seen integrators fail before. Some have the rubber grommet in the barrel connector, and some do not. I never figured that one out.

You may want to see if you can get a tech and ask him to switch you over to hybrid. IMO hybrid is way more efficient, especially on Super Joey setups

That’s actually what I thought they would do originally. When the tech said he had to run a third line for the super joey I said I saw on the diagrams it could be done with 2 on hybrid lnbs. He said it had to have 3. I guess he’s undereducated like most tech around here. I’ll give chat a try tomorrow. I plan on eventually upgrading to hopper 3 anyways. If they won’t offer it to me for less than $100 before my contract ends I’ll use it as a bargaining chip.

That’s actually what I thought they would do originally. When the tech said he had to run a third line for the super joey I said I saw on the diagrams it could be done with 2 on hybrid lnbs. He said it had to have 3. I guess he’s undereducated like most tech around here. I’ll give chat a try tomorrow. I plan on eventually upgrading to hopper 3 anyways. If they won’t offer it to me for less than $100 before my contract ends I’ll use it as a bargaining chip.

Talk to someone in the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts