hopper transfer to external drive problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

homeron

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
When I try to send items from the hopper to the external drive it will not allow me to select anything below about 5 lines. When I select transfer I mark the ones I want to move but it will not allow me to move any of the movies I want to. I've tried setting up by date and alphabetical but I'm still missing a bunch of movies I cannot send to the external drive. Still feeling like a hopper beta tester.

Except for a few “corrupted file” messages this operation works well for me. I assume the HD was formatted by the Hopper. I 1[SUP]st[/SUP] go to menu and then on the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] line open the last box, make the choices and then save. Then it goes to my recordings and I click a couple of what I want to transfer to the hard drive, then go to transfer on the upper part of the screen and complete the operation. I only choose a couple at a time because choosing beyond that SEEMS to have a problem involved, just my experience. To me the transfer is quite slow, almost an hour per movie using a fast WD 2T drive. GL

It’s interesting that after writing the above I transferred a number of video recordings at a much faster rate, about 4-6 minutes each, 4-6 at a time. The only thing I did since the last transfer a couple days ago was to pull the power cord and reboot to try to overcome a couple things not working properly. Now all seem well. Except……..

homeron said:
When I try to send items from the hopper to the external drive it will not allow me to select anything below about 5 lines. When I select transfer I mark the ones I want to move but it will not allow me to move any of the movies I want to. I've tried setting up by date and alphabetical but I'm still missing a bunch of movies I cannot send to the external drive. Still feeling like a hopper beta tester.
Am I the only person with this problem ? that I cannot transfer many of my programs to the external drive because I can't see half the items on my Hopper harddrive.

lucky86 said:
I have you tried resetting the hopper and disconnecting the external drive and then reconnecting?

Thanks for the reply yes I did do that I reset the hopper and discontinue both external drive then reconnected still the same problem

Am I the only person with this problem ? that I cannot transfer many of my programs to the external drive because I can't see half the items on my Hopper harddrive.

I just noticed yesterday while trying to 'clean up' movies by moving them to my EHD that I have this same problem. I moved what I could yesterday, and since I'm still on S222, I decided I would wait until I get the new software update to see if the problem goes away.

I appear to have two separate problems. When set to Titles by date, I only see about 5 lines. When I set it to alphabetical, I get more choices, but large folders of shows I've saved from PTAT are missing from the list even though they should be shown based on the other alphabetical shows being displayed.

md_paul said:
I just noticed yesterday while trying to 'clean up' movies by moving them to my EHD that I have this same problem. I moved what I could yesterday, and since I'm still on S222, I decided I would wait until I get the new software update to see if the problem goes away.

I appear to have two separate problems. When set to Titles by date, I only see about 5 lines. When I set it to alphabetical, I get more choices, but large folders of shows I've saved from PTAT are missing from the list even though they should be shown based on the other alphabetical shows being displayed.

What software version are you on?

I just received S230 this morning and the problem is still there. When I want to transfer hopper shows to my EHD, it only shows me the first 5 lines of shows on the hopper and won't scroll down any further. I can see by the scroll indicator on the far right that I'm only about 1/4 way down the list, but can't go down the list any further. Playing with the filters allows me to see different shows to transfer, but I can never scroll down more than 5 lines, and the shows I have saved from PTAT are never shown in the transfer list.

I noticed I have the same issues. When trying by A-Z vs Date, I am seeing a different number of programs that I can scroll down to select and move. I am wondering if there is some limit being reached.

jwestpfahl said:
I noticed I have the same issues. When trying by A-Z vs Date, I am seeing a different number of programs that I can scroll down to select and move. I am wondering if there is some limit being reached.

How many events are on the hard drive. I believe the external drive limit is 999.

I've had the same issue (have original hopper w/o sling), but I figured out a way to get it to work most of the time. There are two things I've noticed that work to make the whole list viewable and able to be transferred to an EHD (except primetime anytime shows which are only able to be transferred after however many days PTAT is set for and they are transferred from PTAT folder). Sometimes I only need to do one of these but a lot of times I have to do both.
First tv needs to be in live mode not paused or playing back a recorded program and not recording anything.
Second thing is go to the DVR menu, click the edit button on the top and select all programs, then select protect to mark all shows protected (note that by protecting all programs it will reset all programs back to the beginning of the episode, if you had any that were paused in the middle).
Then go straight to transfer list and all programs on DVR should be there and you should be able to scroll down to the bottom of the list and transfer whatever shows you want. Occasionally only one of the sort by methods (a-z or by date) will work completely and the other may stop a little short of the bottom when scrolling down, but so far I been able to get it to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts