hopper transfers app?

gary s

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 9, 2003
Southern Cal
If we put the hopper transfers app on an Ipad in the room where our modem/gateway is can we make transfers to that Ipad from a hopper with sling that has a wired ethernet connection in a room that has no wireless signal?

Since an iPad doesn't have a wired connection it has to have wireless available in order to connect.

If we put the hopper transfers app on an Ipad in the room where our modem/gateway is can we make transfers to that Ipad from a hopper with sling that has a wired ethernet connection in a room that has no wireless signal?

Sure! If I undestand your setup, you have a HwS hardwired to your LAN, and your iPad connected via wireless to the same router. The room your iPad happens to be in does not matter, as long as it's got a signal from the same router as your HwS.

I do it all the time. Speaking of time, set aside some. I'd hazard a guess it only transfers in double time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sure! If I undestand your setup, you have a HwS hardwired to your LAN, and your iPad connected via wireless to the same router. The room your iPad happens to be in does not matter, as long as it's got a signal from the same router as your HwS.

So I could transfer programs to the Ipad in the room that has the modem gateway even though the room is at the opposite end of the house from the HWS and has no connection to it other than they would both be connected to the modem/gateway, not each other?

If the above will work, I have another question.

Can I set up several programs to transfer at the same time and they will transfer one after another?

Thanks for the replies and help all.

So I could transfer programs to the Ipad in the room that has the modem gateway even though the room is at the opposite end of the house from the HWS and has no connection to it other than they would both be connected to the modem/gateway, not each other?

You got it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts