Hopper Upgrade

These are the facts about the pricing.

New customers pay a $99 fee to get the Hopper and up to three Joeys.
If the new customer subscribes to the AT200 or higher, that fee is credited back.
If the new customer would like a second Hopper, they would have to pay a $199 upgrade fee.

Existing customers will Have to pay $100 for the fist Hopper and $100 for the second Hopper.
Customers that are not in good standing or have recently signed up will have to pay $200 for the first Hopper and $200 for the second Hopper.
Existing customers will be able to get up to three Joeys for $0.
Existing customers that are not in good standing with Dish will have to pay $100 for each Joey they want.

I hope this clears things up for everyone. Let me know if I have any known mistakes.

How recent does DISH consider recently signed up?

Well what does dish consider recently signed up? No way in gunna pay 199 for it. I would think recently means like a week or two.

Neutron said:
How recent does DISH consider recently signed up?

No idea. I'm assuming within 12-18 months. This month would be my 12th month of my contract. My first time being a dish customer other than when I had wildblue. I am currently a plan B customer. I have a 922 and 211k with basically everything for English programming and am on auto pay. Try to figure out the ratings based on that info. I'm guessing I would have to be with dish for another year or two with the same setup in order to be a plan A.

Centex said:
I don't currently have the PP. If I sign up for it now, will it work for my hopper/joey install on or around the 15th?

It should. You'll have to keep it for four months though I believe.

So I will be paying more than that if I want to upgrade, since we got installed in November. Guess that means I'll be waiting a long while....

Only Dish knows what you qualify for when you upgrade. When the Hopper is released just call Dish or a retailer and see what you qualify for. You may be surprised that it's a reasonable price. If it's too much, just wait. Pretty simple actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts