Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am also interested in upgrading my system to Hopper/Joey...if someone could please contact me. Thanks!

?I sent Ray a PM last week thru DBSTalk and hadn't heard anything yet, so I thought posting here might even be better.

It's probably time for me to move to H/J's, but after nearly 15 years as a Dish customer, I surely need to be efficient and not have a battle-royal at home in order to do this. And I do have some questions...

• I figure I need 1 H and 2 J's for 3 TV's (and 1 TV might not initially be HD, if that makes a difference)
  • How big are the J's? Can they be velcroed to the back of a TV?
  • Can I use my current Sling adapter and EHD (BTW, my account shows no EHD, and that's not correct)
  • Will all my now 7-year old coax be replaced? (This is Arizona!)
  • Will the OTA be installed as part of this?
  • Does OTA integrate into the Guides as it does on the 722K?
  • If one or 2 J's and/or the H are watching the same "live" (sometimes OTA) program, can they be at different time points without affecting each other?
  • Can the J's access the H's internet (BTW, ethernet, not WiFi for the H) without the J having its own internet connection (And I think that's simply about enabling bridging)
  • I'm pretty sure I lease the 722k, and own an old 508 (that's supposed to be replaced sometime this year, according to a Dish note several months ago) and own the 722's OTA module. Is that accurate? And I can do whatever with the owned equipment?
And I'm not even sure about what else to ask?

Thanks so much - and I might not be able to PM yet on Satelliteguys.

Barry Singer
Scottsdale AZ

?I sent Ray a PM last week thru DBSTalk and hadn't heard anything yet, so I thought posting here might even be better.

It's probably time for me to move to H/J's, but after nearly 15 years as a Dish customer, I surely need to be efficient and not have a battle-royal at home in order to do this. And I do have some questions...

[*]I figure I need 1 H and 2 J's for 3 TV's (and 1 TV might not initially be HD, if that makes a difference)
[*]How big are the J's? Can they be velcroed to the back of a TV?
[*]Can I use my current Sling adapter and EHD (BTW, my account shows no EHD, and that's not correct)
[*]Will all my now 7-year old coax be replaced? (This is Arizona!)
[*]Will the OTA be installed as part of this?
[*]Does OTA integrate into the Guides as it does on the 722K?
[*]If one or 2 J's and/or the H are watching the same "live" (sometimes OTA) program, can they be at different time points without affecting each other?
[*]Can the J's access the H's internet (BTW, ethernet, not WiFi for the H) without the J having its own internet connection (And I think that's simply about enabling bridging)
[*]I'm pretty sure I lease the 722k, and own an old 508 (that's supposed to be replaced sometime this year, according to a Dish note several months ago) and own the 722's OTA module. Is that accurate? And I can do whatever with the owned equipment?

And I'm not even sure about what else to ask?

Thanks so much - and I might not be able to PM yet on Satelliteguys.

Barry Singer
Scottsdale AZ

-1H and 2 J will be fine but you may want more tuners eventually.
-the joeys are small and can be velcroed to the TV but it may get warm.
-yes , you can use the sling and ehd
-if the coax isn't up to specs, they should replace it
-you can order ota for $30 and install it yourself when it arrives. They are plug and play USB
-ota does integrate in the guide
-yes, they will share the connection with bridging enabled
-if you do own the equipment,you can do what you want. I would contact dish to verify

I currently have 3 x 722 and 1 612. Assuming the new Hopper will have 3 tuners, I'd be looking for a 3 Hopper, 3 Joey setup. Will that be possible?

Unless things will be changing (doubt it,) you'll have to purchase the third Hopper with Sling for full price. MSRP is $549. No word yet on lease fees for the other two.

Unless things will be changing (doubt it,) you'll have to purchase the third Hopper with Sling for full price. MSRP is $549. No word yet on lease fees for the other two.

Good to know. If I have to pay full price for a 3rd Hopper ( and a monthly receiver fee ) , not worth it. I'll stick with what I have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts