Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm new to the Hopper thing - sounds like you got $0 monthly equipment fee w a 2 year re-up, for 3 TV's? That's better than the $17 + $7 x3 Joeys for 4 TV's the phone rep seems to be quoting. Sounds too good to be true - could you correct my misunderstanding?

How many Hoppers do you want?

Hello. I've got a 722k. I'm a 5 year customer with HBO and others... Please contact me for a swap of my 722k and a Hopper/Joey. Thanks guys!

"I'm having 1 Hopper, no Joeys installed tomorrow."

Maybe. Please report back on how that goes.

Definitely will...funny how, on this forum, we all know Dish reps often give out wrong info, and many have experienced first-hand that bad info from Dish reps. That being said, we've all seen the Dish Training materials that show a "1 Hopper No Joey" install. Yet we disbelieve what we see, and believe what we hear.
:confused:

I guess no one is from Missouri...the "Show Me" state! :)

What is a Plan A, Plan B member? How do you get to that tier?.. How do you find out what Tier you are??... The dude in India says I need to pay 684 dollars to lease the thing..

Having some serious customer service issues.. :(

Patriot6901 said:
What is a Plan A, Plan B member? How do you get to that tier?.. How do you find out what Tier you are??... The dude in India says I need to pay 684 dollars to lease the thing..

Having some serious customer service issues.. :(

If you were quoted that much then chances are you do not currently qualify for an upgrade.

Just found this forum.... I have contacted Dish and they are trying to charge me an arm and a leg for an upgrade. I would love to get a PM from a DIRT member!
Thanks!!

OMG!!! I've been with Dish for over 14 years, auto pay and Top 250. I PM'd Mary to see what my cost to upgrades to a 2/3 H/J system and here's her return message

"Hi, I am sorry I did not a chance to respond to you earlier. I have reviewed your account and to upgrade to a 2 Hopper and 3 Joey installation at this time would cost $700. It would be $200.00 for each Hopper and $100.00 for each Joey. I am not sure where we will be when the OTA is released but I hope we will have better news for you on the costs associated with he Hopper upgrade. Thank you!"

Is this a way to treat a long term customer. I'm retired and as much as I'd like to upgrade, there is no way I can afford that.

OMG!!! I've been with Dish for over 14 years, auto pay and Top 250. I PM'd Mary to see what my cost to upgrades to a 2/3 H/J system and here's her return message

"Hi, I am sorry I did not a chance to respond to you earlier. I have reviewed your account and to upgrade to a 2 Hopper and 3 Joey installation at this time would cost $700. It would be $200.00 for each Hopper and $100.00 for each Joey. I am not sure where we will be when the OTA is released but I hope we will have better news for you on the costs associated with he Hopper upgrade. Thank you!"

Is this a way to treat a long term customer. I'm retired and as much as I'd like to upgrade, there is no way I can afford that.

There are so many of these. There is something strange in their qualifying.

Well I know with directv I have been a long time sub, and I keep getting the 500.00 quote for whole home, others have got a lower price. But it's weird that it's takes begging to not have to move to a different provider when you upgrade you are starting a new contract so they got you for a while

Dish has you rated as a plan C customer. There is usually a good reason for why they have you rated that way. At least you qualify for an upgrade unlike the others that have to purchase the equipment if they want it.

I'm guessing there had to have been a missing payment at some point with Dish or some unreturned equipment. Maybe you upgraded recently. Possibly you've been asking for free promotions from them. You'd have to see if they'll give you a decent reason.

Dish has you rated as a plan C customer. There is usually a good reason for why they have you rated that way. At least you qualify for an upgrade unlike the others that have to purchase the equipment if they want it.

I'm guessing there had to have been a missing payment at some point with Dish or some unreturned equipment. Maybe you upgraded recently. Possibly you've been asking for free promotions from them. You'd have to see if they'll give you a decent reason.

The only time there was a missed payment was when Dish canceled my auto pay. As soon as I discovered that I got on the phone and restarted that. As far as equipment, there was a problem with getting my Sling rebate. I was told by a CSR to order a 2nd one from him and then refuse it.
Dish lost track of it, but gave me credit for the return. It makes no sense as to why. I want to know why.

The only time there was a missed payment was when Dish canceled my auto pay. As soon as I discovered that I got on the phone and restarted that. As far as equipment, there was a problem with getting my Sling rebate. I was told by a CSR to order a 2nd one from him and then refuse it.
Dish lost track of it, but gave me credit for the return. It makes no sense as to why. I want to know why.

It's always possible they may have some kind of error but I would ask and see if they will give a decent reason as to why.

Status
Please reply by conversation.