Hopper Upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
after several attempts to get a 2 hopper/1 joey combination through DISH to no avail... it looks like i have finally succeeded by going through a local installer. it will be installed on Tuesday and it cost me $200 with no installation fee. I will be replacing 2 722k....

I am interested in upgrading to hopper. I have 3 HD and 2 standard tvs. Please dm me. Thanks

(Contacted by Matt. Thanks)

I'm looking at upgrading my 622 and 612 to a 1 Hopper/2 Joey system. Please PM me. Thanks.

Last edited:
well it looks like if you go through a local installer you can get any combination of Hoppers and Joeys installed...my installation went very well with 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey

Would like a PM to find out if I can upgrade to a Hopper and a joey. Have existing VIP 612 and VIP211k. And is it possible to put a third joey on a splitter?

I would like a pm from a dirt member about upgrading my receivers please. 2xHoppers 5xJoeys.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using SatelliteGuys

I guess I'll contact a DIRT member as well, as I'm having trouble getting a decent deal, and I'm getting wishy-washy answers from CSRs... Of course I have to "post 1 post" before it will let me PM somebody.. :)

Just found this site a while ago and there is sure a lot of good info here. I really want to thank everyone who makes this site what it is.

Now for the subject at hand. I've been a long time Dish subscriber and yesterday I purchased my first HD set. It's now time for some HD content and the Hopper seems the way to go. Before I take my chances at CSR "roulette" as far as pricing goes I would like to hear from one of the DIRT members to see what kind of deal is available for my situation.

I would have liked to keep my old SD only receiver for use in an RV, but as I've gathered that's not policy with the Hopper.

At the moment they won't let you keep old receiver but I hear they are working on a solution for rv users.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

I am interested in upgrading to hopper. I have 1 HD (VIP722K w/ Sling) and 2 standard tvs (connected through 1 VIP222K). Please message me. Thanks

I know when the new Hoppers came out they did not have OTA support. Do they have that now?
I currently have a 722k running 2 TV's and a 622 running a third.
What advantage would a Hopper offer me?
I do record a lot of my TV from OTA as I like to keep my Dish tuners free.

I know when the new Hoppers came out they did not have OTA support. Do they have that now?
I currently have a 722k running 2 TV's and a 622 running a third.
What advantage would a Hopper offer me?
I do record a lot of my TV from OTA as I like to keep my Dish tuners free.

They still don't have OTA support. There have been a few threads about pros and cons on the Hopper system

My Hopper runs hot. I live in the Southwest part of the US - no A/C at my house. Solution. A USB powered laptop cooler. I use the Antec Notebook Cooler 200. What a difference. It is very quiet because of the huge 200 mm fan it uses runs much slower.
Will there ever be an app for YouTube?

---contacted---

I currently have 3 722s and am looking at upgrading to a 2 Hopper/2 Joey system. Please PM me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt. Read through a few threads.
However I never saw if OTA support was coming anytime soon.
If it is never coming that will make my decision much easier.

Thanks Matt. Read through a few threads.
However I never saw if OTA support was coming anytime soon.
If it is never coming that will make my decision much easier.

Scott has posted that OTA is coming this Summer (but we don't know when) along with Hopper integration (albeit minimal).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)