Hopper Upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was interested in upgrading to a two hopper system. I called in and placed the order for two hoppers along with an OTA module. First hopper was free, second hopper for $50. They also offered me 3 months free Starz as well. I get the order confirmation email and noticed they had me down for one hopper, one joey, not two hoppers.

So I call in again and they tell me you can't get two hoppers.

Nice, they charged you $50 for a Joey.

If they told him that the first Hopper was free and they gave him a Joey instead of a second Hopper then they charged him $50 for one Joey.

The price structure is posted in the MANUAL on this site and it clearly states $50 for hopper and up to 3 hoppers it shows that being the total price. Then it starts going up. Now where in that price stucture is the hopper free.

Both were contractors and previously worked installing Directv. Both had been doing Dish installs for less than 2 weeks.

Yeah still lots of experience there and very rare so I can believe less than an hour in this situation otherwise even with a seasoned Dish installer it would have taken 30-40mins more due to the slow software downloads after getting the node placed and everything else checked out and brought to spec.

Wanting to upgrade.

I currently have a ViP722 which feeds HDMI to my home theater, and the TV2 output feeds my home TV distribution network. It has 2 External Hard-Drives associated with it. In my Master bedroom, I have a seperate ViP 612 to record nightly news & Leno from the OTA source to watch as I go to bed.

It should be an easy install. I have home runs of 2 RG-6, and 2 Cat6 to every room in the house, plus 2 RG-6 to the home theater, and 4 RG-6 to the roof for Satellite feeds, and 1 RG-6 from the attic where I have a high gain OTA antenna to pick up HD locals.

I want to upgrade to the Hopper so that I can feed the TV distribution network with HD instead of Channel 68 (since I just bought a new HDTV).

Presently there are only 3 HD TVs in the house. I would like 2 Hopper, 1 Joey & 2 OTA tuners, and a Slingbox adapter.

As a current customer, what are the possible deals I can find? Who do I order from? I am not in a 2 year contract anymore. I have been with DISH since 2005.

I do apologize for any inconvenience. 2 Hoppers and no Joeys is not something that we are able to setup in our system.
Really??? I just don't understand the loigc in that. I think I'm just going to wait at this point. Perhaps Dish may consider a 6 tuner hopper in the future OR I may even consider Direct TV. Another option is to downgrade my programming due to the price increases and go with some streaming options.

Really??? I just don't understand the loigc in that. I think I'm just going to wait at this point. Perhaps Dish may consider a 6 tuner hopper in the future OR I may even consider Direct TV. Another option is to downgrade my programming due to the price increases and go with some streaming options.

I've never installed anything less than a Hopper and 1 Joey - There won't be any tuner changes on the hopper so no point in waiting on that. You can do two hopper setup yourself just have to get the duo node to go with it but also don't expect to see the recordings for both on both that just don't work. Going with DirectV wouldn't be a wise move no matter what issues you have with Dish - rumors are Dish will merge with DirecTV and keep the Dish brand...there ya go.

Either way expect more price increases come Feb 2013 since that is the end of Dish's 3 Years with no increase promo they advertised so heavy back around 2010. They are really no different than any other company that need to adjust for contracts of providers like CBS that want more money - ESPN etc.

Hello DIR members, I am interested in 1H/0J upgrade from problematic vip722k setup. Can U please PM with options. Thanks!

Got my 2H/3J upgrade scheduled for Friday. One thing he said that I wasn't aware of - he said that any of the joeys call connect to either of the hoppers. Is that correct? I was thinking that the hoppers were independent, and that the joeys could only connect to one of the hoppers.

Got my 2H/3J upgrade scheduled for Friday. One thing he said that I wasn't aware of - he said that any of the joeys call connect to either of the hoppers. Is that correct? I was thinking that the hoppers were independent, and that the joeys could only connect to one of the hoppers.

That is correct. The Joeys can link to either Hopper.

Could a DIRT member contact me about upgrading a 2 722 and 1 622 setup to a 1 hopper and 2 Joey setup with OTA module? Interested in cost to upgrade and new monthly cost if it changes. Thanks!!!

Could a DIRT member please PM me as I am interested in upgrading my 722 rec. to 1 hopper and 1 joey.

Thanks,

Randy

Status
Please reply by conversation.