Hopper with Sling Old UI Software Version S545 is Here

Looks like the Easter Bunny paid you a visit last night. Better do a power cord reboot to clear out any unattended Easter eggs.:biggrin
LOL, yep I hear ya. The date of the S545 is 14 April. I usually check every morning for new update but must of missed this one. This update is a couple of days old. I haven't seen any changes yet but still checking. Will update the color button list later today.

I got it April 14th around 3 AM as well. Not Happy about it. I had 3 black screen reboot events in 24 hours on the 15th. 2 black screen reboot events on the Sunday, the 16th. Not sure it's the new update, since I've had a black screen reboot occur a couple of times before over the last few weeks plus yesterday. That's 3 Sundays during the last hour of Prime Time recording which ruined the PTAT programs I wanted to archive to an EHD. May be an OTA module related problem, since I have a Hearst channel in dispute and had to start using the OTA module to record that channel which is ABC local channel 7 (007-01 OTA). I had not been using the OTA module before the Hearst dispute.

I'm going to update to the new CUI in hopes that it is better than what I've got now. If that doesn't work, they will send a replacement receiver.

I too had at least one of those black screen reboots. However, on the plus side, when I turned the receiver on this morning it was on the same channel it was when I turned it off last night. Might the faux intuitive channel selection algorithm be a thing of the past? I can only hope.

Reactions: pattykay
I received S545 software update on my two hopper with sling receivers last night 4/21/2017. I have not noticed any changes on either of my receivers. Both receivers still are working great. Does anybody know what the update did? Years ago, Dish would publish what their software updates did. I miss that.

So far I've only gotten it on one of two receivers. The only thing I've noticed is that when I turn it on it tunes to the same channel it was on when I last turned it off. No longer am I starting off with the Red Zone four months after football season ended.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)