Hopper With Sling Software Version S334

Multiple quick presses of the back and forward DVR buttons now show and execute a cumulative seconds amount (i.e. 10sec, 20sec, ... for back and 30sec, 1min, ... for forward).

Don't like the new info screen -- shrinks the picture (like guide mode) instead of transposing it over full screen picture and has a lot of blank wasted space on top.

Multiple quick presses of the back and forward DVR buttons now show and execute a cumulative seconds amount (i.e. 10sec, 20sec, ... for back and 30sec, 1min, ... for forward).

That's interesting that I'm not seeing that on my original Hopper and the S423 update. I assumed they would keep the common features like that the same in both receivers....

Like the additional features on the closed-captioning page but there are two features I would like to see implemented for closed-captioning:

1. The ability to turn closed-captioning on/off from a button on the remote without having to go several layers deep into the menus.
2. The ability to automatically turn on closed-captioning when muting is turned on and automatically turn it off when muting is turned off.

Just assign the GREEN button to serve as fast on /off captions. This button doesn't serve any use right now and I think it would be easy to use it for that.

Don't like the new info screen -- shrinks the picture (like guide mode) instead of transposing it over full screen picture and has a lot of blank wasted space on top.
I love this screen because now you can see everything on one screen instead of two screens. Also includes tiles for shows that are alike the show you are watching and you can record it from the info screen easily.

I got the new s/w on both HWS. Tried to move several movies to an EHD. Got 855 message to the effect: "Error occurred moving to EHD." So I tried doing it with just 4 title. Same thing. Then just one. Same. Sigh. A recording is about to end, I will try the old red button reset and report back. :(

Well, I sure got that wrong. Recordings are set for the next 3 hours. BTW the EHD has over 900GB space available.

I'll try the other HWS, and a different EHD.

Second HWS is now transferring a single 2.25 hour movie. About 5 mins into the transfer, it says 1 hour 31 mins remaining. That est is going down slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Did the RBR and transferred one movie in about 5 mins.

So far so good. Now to try a bulk transfer.

Will do a RBR on the other HWS, just for GP.

I don't know how many movies I'm transferring, but it's a whole lot, and the time remaining estimate is 2 hours 30 minutes or so.

I don't like it either and they also dropped the info of which satellite you are tuned to for the program you are watching. They need to bring that back.

I don't like it either and they also dropped the info of which satellite you are tuned to for the program you are watching. They need to bring that back.

YES!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)