Hopper With Sling Software Version S503 Remote Control Color Button Menu Shortcut List

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Attached is the latest remote control color button menu shortcut lists dated 31 May 2014. Did not find any changes due to the Hopper with Sling software version S503 update.

If anyone discovers a mistake or any changes please post them or send me a PM and I will update the list and post again.

Attachments

• ColorButtons-31 May 14.pdf
    33.2 KB · Views: 292
Well, this is ungood. Under 503 I can't access HWS 2 from HWS 1. The top SAYS it's accessing the other Hopper, but the listings are the local Hopper. SOMETIMES. Sometimes it works fine. Gotta wonder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, this is ungood. Under 503 I can't access HWS 2 from HWS 1. The top SAYS it's accessing the other Hopper, but the listings are the local Hopper. SOMETIMES. Sometimes it works fine. Gotta wonder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use to be able to access my other three distant Hoppers while I was working around in the near Hopper's recordings section. But, if I use the Hopper drop down menu one time it will not let me do it a second, third, fourth time, etc. I have to hit Live TV and then go back in the DVR recording's section and then use the Hopper drop down menu again to look at a distant Hopper. Other words, Hopper drop down menu works one time till you back out and go back in the DVR recordings section and then it will work again, just once. Go figure, oh well, at least I can get it to work.

Since I got S503 I've been unable to record OTA above 4.2. When trying to set a recording it shows me setting it and shows the timer in the timer list but does not set for any recordings. A recording set on 15-2 before S 503 still shows the timer in the timer list but the show is no longer being recorded.

I have the original hopper and since I got S438 software I can't record any of my sub channels ,unless I create a manual timer. When you set a timer the option for manual timer is on the bottom of the menu of the timer on the left side. Hit that and then select weekly or daily or one time and you have a manual timer that will go like you want.

Reactions: 3HaloODST
Well as a test I set 3 OTA timers on my LR HWS. They all showed on the Timers list but only one appeared on the daily schedule ( the -1 one). The first one up, 007-03 for 2:00 did not record. Still listed under Timers, though.

<SIGH>

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: 3HaloODST
I use to be able to access my other three distant Hoppers while I was working around in the near Hopper's recordings section. But, if I use the Hopper drop down menu one time it will not let me do it a second, third, fourth time, etc. I have to hit Live TV and then go back in the DVR recording's section and then use the Hopper drop down menu again to look at a distant Hopper. Other words, Hopper drop down menu works one time till you back out and go back in the DVR recordings section and then it will work again, just once. Go figure, oh well, at least I can get it to work.
Since you have a non-standard installation (4 hoppers) the engineers may overlook something minor that would cause a problem for you while solving problems affecting 2 million people. It's just one of the unfortunate side affects of being advanced.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Odd, on S503 my drop-down menu for my four-Hopper setup works as expected. It even no longer lists local recordings when you go into a sub-listing then back out, while still indicating that it's looking at another Hopper, forcing you to go back to the drop-down menu and re-select the other Hopper again.

Now if only my one Hopper 2000 (S438) would actually show all the local recordings it has! Random recordings have "disappeared" but are still able to be found via Search. Ironically when I select that Hopper from another Hopper, it shows all the recordings...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts