Hopper With Sling Software Version S527 is Here

A couple of weeks ago there briefly appeared an App button in the Apps areas that took you to a rather nice exposé of the Carbon UI. It was the best Geek P*rn I could ever ask for. It was only there for a couple of days and was gone when I tried to show someone else on my other HwS. I'm still on S525 and had some wonkiness this morning and the recovery process presented a strange, I've never seen before, ghosted update window with a progress thermometer at the bottom of the screen on top of a program for about half an hour, I tried to keep my hopes down thinking that it was the new UI. But no such luck. Hope S527 does a lot of bug fixing, I have quite a few.
i am still stuck on S525 hoping for the update in the morning mine usually comes after 1am

So does everyone else's Hopper software update.
My updates started out to be 1:32am, then 1:15, 2:35, 3:22, 4:56. They are all over the place and never constant. Ever surprising. Software updates have happened in the middle of the afternoon.

I'm glad you mentioned the Joey problem where using the back button brings it to live TV instead. This has plagued my Super Joey since I've had it and I've been intending to request a replacement SJ. But now I know that it apparently is software related and not hardware. Sometimes if I try to jump back with that button, the picture freezes and will stay frozen for an hour or so unless I reboot the darn thing.

My updates started out to be 1:32am, then 1:15, 2:35, 3:22, 4:56. They are all over the place and never constant. Ever surprising. Software updates have happened in the middle of the afternoon.

Does anyone else have this problem......

Every night my Hopper w/sling does its nightly update. But, even after the update is completed, it will shut off AGAIN within an hour to do another update. Many times, it has done this THREE times after the initial update. I would sure think that once a night is plenty! LOL

i am still stuck on S525 hoping for the update in the morning mine usually comes after 1am

For those who have been upgraded to the S527, can you tell us if it takes the same time as a regular 525 update or does it take longer? I also wonder about when the Carbon interface arrives, will this be some sort of major time consuming upgrade because of the major nature of the change?

I guess we'll find out for ourselves, but I'm curious if there will be any "bells & whistles" on the TV when the Hopper turns off to advise us to watch for the big change when the Hopper comes back on?

In the meantime, I always jump to the program guide after every nightly update just to see if the big change has happened.

Just noticed I lost MOCA on my other HWS, went to check & it had updated to S528 - at 11;35 pm! Strange to have it happen that early but has to be more of the same "internal fixes" since it isn't the new UI.

Just noticed I lost MOCA on my other HWS, went to check & it had updated to S528 - at 11;35 pm! Strange to have it happen that early but has to be more of the same "internal fixes" since it isn't the new UI.
My 3 HWSs updated to S528 at 12:55, 01:35, and 01:45 this morning. I don't think I have had any software updates the nite before, have been in the early AM.

I also wonder about when the Carbon interface arrives, will this be some sort of major time consuming upgrade because of the major nature of the change?
The software will likely download in advance and either notify the user to update (less likely option as people can tell it "no" because eventually users will have no choice) or it will reboot and restart with the new look. The "install" time probably won't be long at all.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't know which update did it but I'd advise anybody with more than 1 Hopper to check bridging as I found it activated on all 4 of my Hoppers.

I don't know which update did it but I'd advise anybody with more than 1 Hopper to check bridging as I found it activated on all 4 of my Hoppers.
n0qcu, in the Network Setup screen red tab (Yellow - Blue - 1 - Network Details) one of my HWSs that is connected by Cat5 says Ethernet Bottom and my two other HWSs says MoCA. Is that the correct settings? What does your four Hoppers say?

n0qcu, in the Network Setup screen red tab (Yellow - Blue - 1 - Network Details) one of my HWSs that is connected by Cat5 says Ethernet Bottom and my two other HWSs says MoCA. Is that the correct settings? What does your four Hoppers say?
All of mine are ethernet connected since day 1 since there was no bridging then so two say ethernet top and two are ethernet bottom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)