Hopper with Sling Softwave Version S520 Update is Here

We've seen Dish put out 2-3 updates, quickly after the other, yet users here never reported anything "bad". Before we rec'd S517, this was the case (people rec'd S512, S513, and S514 or something like that). Dish can find problems internally that might be pretty rare to happen in the real world, but can, so it's best to take care of them...

Maybe it was just a coincidence but right around the same time my HWS took the S520 update, I had a hard drive failure.
Dish sent me a replacement and I swapped it out yesterday. All is good with the new unit after it took the S520 update.

I hate this update! I turned on my receiver on the morning of 4/20, and the message popped up "Netflix is now available on channel 370" I looked there is no channel 370, I press the blue button on my receiver nothing happens. I go to Menus, there is no longer ANY APPS. Not even the weather app which I usually checked every morning. I have been waiting to see if there is a fix or a new update to fix it. I have pressed the red reboot button several times, even unhooked the system and left without power for 10 minutes. Nothing changes. I want my apps back. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get them back?

I would PM dirt with receiver number and a copy of this message so they can submit a report for you. Also include the boot strap version and transceiver software firmware which all can be found at the system info screen.

I didn't received the S520 update at all the other night. I still have S517. Should I have the update by now?

Just to verify with everyone that lost the VEVO app, it is not in the apps folder, located in the main menu... Correct? Mine removed off the apps line from the blue button, but is still available in the apps folder.

Maybe it was just a coincidence but right around the same time my HWS took the S520 update, I had a hard drive failure.
Dish sent me a replacement and I swapped it out yesterday. All is good with the new unit after it took the S520 update.

Interesting....same thing happened to me. Hard drive failed after I got 520. Replaced it Friday. But it got 520 again that night.

I got the update last night.. woke up this morning to my internet just completely down due to IP conflict issues. Here we go again! At first it appeared to be one computer that showed the error but then I saw the hoppers updated and saw the conflict originated with them. So has anyone seen this issue? Do keep in mind that this may or may not happen with the everyday person as I run a network of about 20 different devices in the house ranging from IP cameras to 4 computers, servers, tablets etc...

Don't think the S520 changes the Hopper to use a static IP address (to one that by chance is already assigned by your router...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts