Hopper with Sling Upgraded to S512

Yes I know. I started the discussion. However, it doesn't appear anyone from DIRT has seen it. So that's why I am posting specifically to DIRT>
I'm certain they have seen it. Probably nothing to address at this point. Software is out of there wheel house. They have to report and await answers from the software engineers. It's early in the game for this release.

Posting it in multiple threads doesn't speed things up any faster. It's best to keep it as one thread in order to avoid confusion.

They announced on the dish forum that it will be rolled out over several weeks to all customers. There is no way of speeding it up. How they roll it out varies on specific circumstances. It could be blocks of customers based on location, receiver number, batch numbers etc.

Reactions: bluegras
They have the receiver CAID numbers grouped in ranges and randomly pick the order that they upgrade the groups so one time a higher range might come first and the next time that same range could be last.

They have the receiver CAID numbers grouped in ranges and randomly pick the order that they upgrade the groups so one time a higher range might come first and the next time that same range could be last.
So they can keep all of us guessing when it will happen to each of us. Great confusion tatic.:wink

They announced on the dish forum that it will be rolled out over several weeks to all customers. There is no way of speeding it up. How they roll it out varies on specific circumstances. It could be blocks of customers based on location, receiver number, batch numbers etc.

This was actually taught in advanced tech training.. no guessing needed.

Definitely not going out to only new HWS, the one of mine that has it is year & half old, & I've been in the first group to get releases ever since I got it. I do have a glitch that has been reported - one daily (manual) recording shows red circle as if it was an active recording but timer stops on time just doesn't remove the circle. Recording will not delete unless I reboot system, timer has been deleted & reset several times, no change.

Reactions: BBCInc and ChadT41
Was watching some programs semi-live yesterday and noticed a pop-up for a few seconds on the bottom right stating, paraphrased 'If you want to watch this from the beginning press select and choose another airing'. Don't remember seeing that before S512.

Remember DIRT has nothing to do with the software or to the receivers the software is sent to. They have no way of speeding things up there.

In this S512 software version I have noticed something new (unless I haven't noticed it before) in the Common Counters list HDD temp readings (Yellow - Blue - 3 - View Counters - page down approximately 13 times). In between the degree reading and F, there is a square box with FF & FD in the box. Does anyone know what the FF & FD mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts