Kangaroo on Hopper

Dishusercan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
US
I turned on my hopper and there is a kangaroo in the bottom right side of my screen, and it doesn't go away. I changed channels and turned off the receiver and it stays.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1416235167.242315.jpg

It's the sign of a tuner conflict...someone trying to access or change one of the currently used tuners, IIRC. Perhaps is one of your Joeys or Hopper mirrored? Happened to a few times with a mirrored set.

You can change the menu settings so it doesn't make you see when you are sharing a tuner with another room. But that's all it means, you are sharing a tuner with another room/device

I'm watching a DVR event and not sharing any thing. Hopper kangaroo is there and I cant get rid of it.

Is it the same one as uptop? Is there someone that could be "resuming" your recording in another room? If not, reset box and try again.

It's just for when the two tvs are watching the same thing. Can even be two joey linked to the same program. When I get home, I will post the steps to turn it off. Should be in menu>settings but I forget the path after that.

In the Whole-Home Setup Display Settings (Yellow - Blue - 4 - Display Settings) there are two settings, MoCA Quality Icon and Channel Change Notification, but I don't think they have anything to do with the Kangaroo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)