Hopper with Sling Upgraded to S512

I have some Logitech Internet radios they call a Squeezbox (strange name) that I use to tune in any station in the country or world that is streaming. Works great for me and my wife. We live too far from any good classical music stations, the music we prefer, and these radios use only a couple of watts to run so can be left on, if we want, all day and not run up a big power bill. They also sound pretty good for my 77 year old ears.:music

It seems that Dish has only a finite number of transponders and adding a new channel would probably mean they would have to delete a current channel. Also adding a channel I expect would mean they would have to pay to carry it thus creating a need to raise our rates a bit more.

To bluegrass, I'm glad you have a good sense of humor. I wouldn't want to offend anyone on purpose.:shh

Reactions: bluegras
There are already more apps than I care about. Hopper is an advanced DVR, not an iPhone.
They could remove them all and I wouldn't care. Since they're there, yes, I do use one or two of them (Game Finder is the only one I can think of off-hand, so what does that tell you !).

I would prefer that Dish fix all the things that are broken* before they add anything,.....ANYTHING! It is, after all, a TV service. A very cool one with all the options we have but still a TV service, with some broken, troublesom features.

*See all other threads.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Never heard of it, looked it up. Isn't it basically the same as American Heroes on 195?
Very similar, but they have stuff the Military Channel never showed. I have an endless appetite for military campaign shows and their ilk.

Kinda odd, people complain about too many channels, and they want more added? If anything I would think DISH is tightening up with all the deals going on, and the FCC reviews etc

Funny isn't it. I've made this comment on here before. One thread you'll see people say they want more, more, more and then in another thread you'll see the same people complain about all the crap channels there are and how prices are getting too high.

Reactions: ChadT41
I have some Logitech Internet radios they call a Squeezbox (strange name) that I use to tune in any station in the country or world that is streaming. Works great for me and my wife. We live too far from any good classical music stations, the music we prefer, and these radios use only a couple of watts to run so can be left on, if we want, all day and not run up a big power bill. They also sound pretty good for my 77 year old ears.:music

It seems that Dish has only a finite number of transponders and adding a new channel would probably mean they wse uld have to delete a current channel. Also adding a channel I expect would mean they would have to pay to carry it thus creating a need to raise our rates a bit more.

To bluegrass, I'm glad you have a good sense of humor. I wouldn't want to offend anyone on purpose.:shh

well thank you i appreciate it very much yea i got a good sense of humor sometimes i know i can be a real pain in the butt for you guys i bought one of those rca internet radio systems which has everything you need to stream tunein radio,spotify,slacker,rdio,pandora i still have to get a bluetooth transmitter to do bluetooth and buy some bluetooth headphones.back to topic

I know of the name change and slight change in emphasis. And no complaints on new shows. But I want more military themed shows and I think the Military History Channel had more and better military content.

I think they are trying to be all inclusive or just plain PC.... I liked it the way it was before too. The target audience is changing though as is inevitable.

When is the end of the week. Friday or Saturday, or maybe even Sunday to some. Because, I don't have it either and do not seem to be able to find out from the guys here that have it what changes they have found, except OTA recording fixed(maybe). How about the manual add an OTA channel that has said coming SOON, since the Hopper came out. The software couldn't be hard to design, the 722 has it.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
... and do not seem to be able to find out from the guys here that have it what changes they have found, except OTA recording fixed(maybe). How about the manual add an OTA channel that has said coming SOON, since the Hopper came out. The software couldn't be hard to design, the 722 has it.

It has what it has. You are making it sound like if it doesn't have some things you're looking for, you don't want it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts