Hopper with Sling Upgraded to S512

My Hopper w/Sling was updated last nite around 1:30AM from S512 to S514. Haven't noticed anything different. The only things I noticed in 512 were the record icon showing in the info banner even when no recording is going on and after viewing a recording on our other Hopper it took pressing Stop twice to actually exit the recording. Haven't really had a chance to check if either of those are fixed.

Dan

Why cant Hoppers connected to the internet just autodownload and update without all this drama?
My cell phone and kindles updates so much easier.
It would be cool if DISH would allow software updates over the internet. They could announce the new update online and then you could easily update your receiver when YOU wanted to instead of waiting for the update over the satellite. Even Directv would allow you on Friday and Saturday nights at a certain time , you could update to the newest cutting edge software over the satellite. Even that would be better than waiting.

It would be cool if DISH would allow software updates over the internet. They could announce the new update online and then you could easily update your receiver when YOU wanted to instead of waiting for the update over the satellite....
Anyone know just how big an update can be? Kilobytes, Megabytes or ?? I suspect Dish prefers to have total control over how and when it delivers. Delivery over the internet has its own perils from bandwidth to your home network configuration. Have a glitch, brick a receiver and Dish can say sorry it wasn't us. I like the internet delivery idea too but I wonder how many outside of the circle of enthusiasts care.

It would be cool if DISH would allow software updates over the internet. They could announce the new update online and then you could easily update your receiver when YOU wanted to instead of waiting for the update over the satellite. Even Directv would allow you on Friday and Saturday nights at a certain time , you could update to the newest cutting edge software over the satellite. Even that would be better than waiting.

Are you listening Dish?:onstrike

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Anyone know just how big an update can be? Kilobytes, Megabytes or ?? I suspect Dish prefers to have total control over how and when it delivers. Delivery over the internet has its own perils from bandwidth to your home network configuration. Have a glitch, brick a receiver and Dish can say sorry it wasn't us. I like the internet delivery idea too but I wonder how many outside of the circle of enthusiasts care.

Well, I trust Apple and Microsoft to update my stuff over the internet, but they have a LOT of experience. Still have some failed updates though. I have never experienced those updates that exploded on users, fortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts