Hopper with Sling Upgraded to S512

What problems did they find in S512 ? They don't add stuff in releases put out so quickly.
This has been a pattern for a long time now - release xxx goes out on a limited basis, a week or so later we get release xxx+1 (or 2) rolled out en masse.

Yeap - I think on the last update, there were (2) updates and then a 3rd one was the one that they settled on (and everyone eventually rec'd). On the non-Sling Hopper, my receiver never saw those in-between updates because they were still 'test' releases, I believe.

OK, so only got 514, (not 516, must have looked at it wrong), but what's really strange is that I already had 514. Why would I get the same update twice? I've been using it for days with only a glitch or two, never received the same release twice before - & during primetime hours? (10:28 on west coast) My 2nd HWS is still on 506.

OK, so only got 514, (not 516, must have looked at it wrong), but what's really strange is that I already had 514. Why would I get the same update twice? I've been using it for days with only a glitch or two, never received the same release twice before - & during primetime hours? (10:28 on west coast) My 2nd HWS is still on 506.
How do you know you got it twice? Did the date and time change?

never received the same release twice before - & during primetime hours?
Hoppers can download updates at any time, so long as there's a free tuner. Same with program guide updates, they are no longer restricted to 2am or whatever time it is in the middle of the night.

Hoppers can download updates at any time, so long as there's a free tuner. Same with program guide updates, they are no longer restricted to 2am or whatever time it is in the middle of the night.
Umm, the Hopper reboots with new software. It needs to be done in off hours....

I had been using the new release on one HWS (had timer list showing from both Hoppers, etc.). I had tv turned off last night & when turned on it was in the middle of an update, I watched it download & finish because I was curious why I was getting another update so soon.

My almost 2 week old HWS initially downloaded s512, then 3 days later downloaded what I would think was a different (otherwise why do it?) version of s512 and now, having read about an s514 version and recalling a box message this AM, it turns out I do have s514.
So......what's different?

Edit: my Joey also downloaded an update, s475

Umm, the Hopper reboots with new software. It needs to be done in off hours....
Tell Peggy it's her imagination then. She's the one that said it was downloading during primetime hours. No one said anything about rebooting. It can be downloaded and wait.... If you're watching TV, I presume it asks you and gives you the choice of "no".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)