Hopper with VIP 772k: is it possible

Then he told me I was a sucker for paying full price for my two sat accounts. Hopefully he gets an audit call soon.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I'd dare say he's got a target on his back!

What's funny is one of my coworkers was bragging around the other day about his stacked system. Apparently he has two hoppers & Joey at his house, then he has a third hopper installed at his buddy's house and just recently over the Memorial Day long weekend he said he got two other friends hooked up with a 211K each. All with EHD's everything pack, BBH all on his one account split 4 ways. He said he tried for a 722K but was shut down so he went with the two 211K. Then he told me I was a sucker for paying full price for my two sat accounts. Hopefully he gets an audit call soon.

Well, you know the number to call!

He doesn't think he'll get an audit as he thinks dish doesn't audit whole home systems. I'm pretty sure he's Wrong about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about that. My wife thinks it's none of my business and I should stay out of it, but I just might make a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just don't make it from your home or cell phones.....

"Dish should..."

Ain't gonna happen. Besides stacking concerns, there is the incentive to move everyone to Hopper, and if need be, a SINGLE other platform requiring sw updates.

I do not agree, I had a CSR recommend I stay with my current set up when I made an inquiry as to upgrades and costs recently. In fact she went out of her way to stress that a Hopper IS NOT the solution for many customers.

dish hopper 622.png
y

If that is true, you should have kept your mouth shut, because it is against Dish policy.

The policy at dish is to make money they are getting 17 dollars extra from me each month for my receiver .Think of all the extra receivers sitting in closets that could be making them more money !

Reactions: TheKrell
The bill seems to show a Hopper on the account since I see the $12 but I'm not sure how that's possible. People have tried before with no luck. A VIP receiver is not allowed to be activated on a Hopper account. How a CRS agent was able to do it I'm not sure. They had to find a way to manually activate that receiver and bypass the regular system.

We know people did it before Dish clamped down on not allowing it. One of the DIRT people made it happen in one instance that was posted about here. How many got done ? Could be quite a few.... I doubt that Dish told people they're going to undo it and deactivate receivers, so they just left them alone. No new ones were allowed after that though. ewindowman's screenshot shows nothing that Dish can identify him with in order to remove one of the receivers.

For those that don't mind paying the higher fees for the Hopper (which is a really nice receiver) I am happy for you. I just don't want my bill going up any more than it is. Wonder why Dish promotes the Hopper over its other receivers? More money for them which means less in your pocket. No rocket science here.

I think Dish has many reasons why they want everyone to have the Hopper. They know that more and more people have multiple HDTVs in the house now and they know customers want to watch them in HD. They know that the majority of their customers have DVRs and people want to access recordings on all their TVs. Dish knows they can make more money by having a box at each TV instead of the loss they have with a dual tuner. Dish also thinks that a Hopper customer is going to be a very sticky customer.

Reactions: Bobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)