KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I have a 2-3 hours into this game so far....and so far liking it.
Graphics are really done well. Interesting game engine on some of the movement on the characters. Sometimes doesn't seem natural, but pretty descent overall.
I watched most of the video yourbeliefs posted a couple of hours ago.
(Funny when you tagged the rat, when she discovered the ear piece....while trying to get out of the underground cave...you were like WOW so many way points or something like that)

Anyway, any others playing it? Please if you are going to give spoilers, use the spoiler tags as I have not finished the game.

I've been playing it every night since it came out. I really like it so far but I haven't gotten far enough into it to give any real impressions yet.

I will say that last night I was seriously considering moving my PS4 up to my office with my gaming PC so I could play on my monitor. This game looks very nice and I feel that I am missing a lot of the detail by sitting too far away from the TV in my living room.

My eyes also seem to be getting worse and I was having some trouble lining up shots while trying to take a bandit camp last night because the enemies were blending into the dark environment. I either need to consider getting a bigger TV or giving up the comfort of the living room and play my PS4 games at my desk instead.

I've been playing it every night since it came out. I really like it so far but I haven't gotten far enough into it to give any real impressions yet.
Same here. I usually play a game an hour or so before bed to wind down. So right now it is this one. I have not gotten to deep in to the missions yet either. I have done a hand full and now, have been just running around exploring and collecting stuff, to be able to craft and build up skills more. Also I like to do this to a game I am really liking...it gives me a better feel for the game and practice, so I do better in actual missions and boss fights.

Yeah. I've been doing basically all of the side missions since most of them seem pretty interesting. I would like to finish the game before Mass Effect comes out later this month but I doubt I will be able to at the pace I'm currently playing at. Oh well, I definitely don't want to rush through Horizon.

I was telling my wife the same thing earlier. I have done that too many times in the past; rush through a game. 75% through, and wish I would have taken time to do more side quests and such.
I have started games over because of that......:D

The game has sold 2.6 million copies worldwide in 2 weeks. It is also the most successful launch for a Sony-published original IP in PS4 history.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/16/14...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I have to say that in my 20 hours so far in the game that the game deserves the accolades it has received. I think the game may end up being a slow burn like Odin Sphere was, where it'll take me months to beat it because it'll be played in numerous short bursts.

The game has sold 2.6 million copies worldwide in 2 weeks. It is also the most successful launch for a Sony-published original IP in PS4 history.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/16/14...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I have to say that in my 20 hours so far in the game that the game deserves the accolades it has received. I think the game may end up being a slow burn like Odin Sphere was, where it'll take me months to beat it because it'll be played in numerous short bursts.

The game is great but I'm kind of surprised to hear that it sold faster than The Last of Us considering how well that game sold. TLoU also had the advantage of coming out near the end of the PS3 life cycle when there were something like 80 million consoles sold plus being a new IP from Naughty Dog didn't hurt after the success of Uncharted.

Edit: Guess I need to learn to actually read before I type. This fastest selling comment only applies to new IP on PS4.

To be fair, this wasn't that hard of an accomplishment for H:ZD to achieve. I mean, there wasn't much competition. I think the only other new First Party IPs for the PS4 have been Knack, Until Dawn, and The Order 1886. In that list, only 1 game was good and reviewed well (Until Dawn) and its not a big surprise that that game didn't set the world on fire since people nowadays aren't exactly clamoring for horror games. That's not to say that horror games aren't good or don't sell well, but its especially hard for a new IP in the field to do so.

Same here. I have been playing a couple of hours every night since launch and I am taking my time and getting into all of the side quests. I am not that far into the main quest.

That is part of the reason I have a 0% chance of finishing Horizon before Mass Effect gets here. I have done every single side mission I have found so far. The only exception to that are the hunting challenges.

The only exception to that are the hunting challenges.
That is interesting.
I have done the exact same thing, I plan on coming back to the hunting at some point but for now I have skipped everyone one of those.

I've done a lot of side quests also. Last night I had to tell myself, "Ok, one last one and then you REALLY need to move the story along." For me I just always like getting XP and then building up my character to be stronger and stronger.

Yeah, I'm significantly above the recommended level for most of the missions I do now because of all the side missions. It doesn't seem to be breaking the game by making things overly easy though.

It doesn't seem to be breaking the game by making things overly easy though.
I agree and I was actually wondering if this would happen, so far, no.

Just passed the 30 hour mark of playtime. Still see no end in sight but I'm not complaining. Unless something drastically negative happens I see this being a shoe-in for a GOTY award.

On a related note, game musician Gavin Dunne (AKA Miracle of Sound) just released a song inspired by the game called Force of Nature. I think it came out really well and definitely captures the mood of the game.

So Wrestlemania 33 was last night.

It looks like Irish female wrestler Becky Lynch may have had some "inspiration" in her outfit for her match:

483_WM33_0412017cm_6895--7e47c645eebacd0536d2f16ffffe9c22.jpg

489_WM33_0412017cm_6942--7eb37ce00887f24fa32db18f860264ad.jpg

468_WM33_04022017mm_9945--22230e35befa62e0ad0820f4f14b340b.jpg

In case you think it may be a coincidence, you should also know that Final Fantasy was a main sponsor of the event and the hosts came out at one point like this:

111_WM33_04022017mm_3113--5b03206524e6e60e1059033b0ed929bf.jpg

For those that don't get the references (even I didn't get them all at first):
http://cosplay.kotaku.com/the-new-day-enter-wrestlemania-with-final-fantasy-tribu-1793942211

As someone who doesn't understand wrestling or Final Fantasy that sure is something...
I recognized the Moogles (the white things that look like cats sitting on the middle guy's shoulders and with the unicorn horn on the 2 screens in the background) but I didn't realize the "chicken" was supposed to be a chocobo.

It should also be noted that the guy on the left is Xavier Woods, and when he's not having sex with other members of the talent (a video was leaked thanks to a hacked phone recently) he has a video gaming channel on youtube known as Up Up Down Down where he and various other WWE stars play video games together. Seriously...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIr1YTkEHdJFtqHvR7Rwttg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)