Horizontal lines scrolling on RPTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ransack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 13, 2003
Virginia
I just noticed last night on my Toshiba 57" RPTV that there are 2 sets of a noticeable horizontal scrolling lines when watching my 508 thru S-Video. At first i thought it was my 508 PVR, but it can't be the 508 as even when i pause a program, the scrolling still happens. It is going from bottom to the top of the screen.

When i switch over to component inputs (for either my 811 or DVD) they are not there. This is very strange. I figure if it's a problem with the TV, it would happen not matter what input i was watching. Any ideas??

Sounds like a ground problem. This has happened to me before. is the 508 and the 811 using the same outlet? (electrical) . Try using an adapter on the 508 (one without a ground lug on it) and see if the 508 still does it on S-video.

My RPTV, 811, 508 and HT receiver are all plugged into a surge protector. What you say makes sense so i guess it can't hurt to try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)