Horizontal/Vertical polarities problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlospr43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
US
Hi everyone
I'm using a combination of Ku and C band with 4.5 offset dishes. I'm feeding the LNBs to 3 FTA boxes using (4) 4 x 4 switches since I have 8 LNbs in total. Everything is working fine but since the beginning I didn't noticed that the C band LNBs are single output and all the Ku bands are dual. So the swith that I used for the C band I have to make a choice to use either the 13 v or the 18v. If I make the connection to the 18v I can download all the TPs available in Horizontal but can't the Verticals ones and viceversa. Does any body knows if I can do something so I can download both polarities??
This is real hard to explain so I'm using my best knowledge. Thank you :confused:

since the C-Band LNB's are one output you have to pick either H or V polarity. There are 2 options

1. get a dual C-Band LNBF. This would allow you both polarites at the same time
2. get a bandstacked LNB. They "stack" the H polarity above the V polarity. Good part is you only need one cable and its one polarity. Bad is some receivers dont work with bandstacked real well and the frequencies would be off

here is the dual C-Band LNB
Dual Twin C Band LNBF Model DMX242 - Quad Polarity Circular & Linear Polar C Band LNB LNBF Two Output

and the stacked model
17K B1 SAT Stack C-Band LNBF without Scalar

I've used both and they work great. Just didnt like the bandstacked because at the time both my Coolsat 8000 and Quali-TV receivers didnt like the bandstacked so everything was off by 600Mhz

Thanks Iceberg for the quick response!!! I was thinking a lot and came up with an idea of using a SW21 and convert the single output of the LNB into 2 outputs using coax jumpers or maybe a regular 1 to 2 TV splicer connector?? But I don't feel like trying so I ended with everything burn out!!

You can try using a satellite grade splitter (that goes up to 2200mhz) but it really isn't recommended. If you try and accidentally have one receiver on one polarity and the other on a 2nd you will do damage to something. Been there done that burned up switches many times

nope!
too risky I'll hold and order the dual outputs LNBs. I think it's the wise thing to do
Thanks a lot for all your inputs!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts