Horrible Picture Quality

YTTV had pretty good PQ when I tried it out, but not markedly better than my Hopper3. Sling, DNow, and Hulu Live all looked worse. Not sure about PS Vue PQ. OTA also looked awesome when used to have it, with a couple of exceptions. High-bandwidth MPEG2 just has smoother motion than you're going to get from MPEG4 at relatively low bitrates.

I have seen a distinct difference for years and now on my QD 4K between DISH Sat, OnDemand, OTA and DISH OTA. DISH Sat being soft, washed out, low contrast; OnDemand, OTA and DISH OTA all sharp, bright, good color saturation. It's been this way for years using various recievers and TVs, my last being a DLP. The only major change in this is the new Dual OTA adapters are proving wonky. I have been watching "The Last Ship" through an app on my TV and AppleTV 4K and it's night and day between DISH Sat. But then from DISH OD it's great. BUT I am also seeing and reading that there is growing complaints to production companies for their "stylization" of the productions mostly washing out the color that is making people think their sets are going or their providers suck. But I have been saying for years that I have noticed a distinct difference and still do. AND now I'm seeing a difference between programming and commercials. Just as there is the volume difference, I am noticing a PQ difference where if a program is flat and fuzzy, all the commercials are crisp, clear, bright and colorful. So now there is "Visual Loudness" to join the "Audio Loudness" increase in commercials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts