Hostages

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Jerry Bruckheimer's new 15 episode drama. Seems like a new trend. Half-series. Looks good, though.

S~

Last edited by a moderator:
Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 1

Monday, September 23, 2013

"Pilot": A rogue FBI agent takes Dr. Ellen Sanders hostage after she is chosen to operate on the president, threatening to kill her and her family unless she assassinates him during the surgery.

S~

Well I see that Hostages came third in ratings on its premiere, behind Blacklist and Castle.
I liked it, but at the end of the show I can´t imagine how they can stretch the plot for the 15 episodes and still keep the viewer in suspense.
Anyway, I will still give it a chance.

That's exactly what I was thinking. How are they going to make it last 15 episodes and not end up being a snoozer?

?
Considering I fell asleep 2/3'rds through the premiere, it already is :D

Tried finishing it the next day, but wound up deleting the timer instead.

I think I'll cancel my time also,the premise just makes me uncomfortable. Maybe a movie or a 2 episode mini-series. Also,we saw how "limited series" worked out for Under the Dome("renewed for second season").

Considering I fell asleep 2/3'rds through the premiere, it already is :D

Tried finishing it the next day, but wound up deleting the timer instead.

Of course, I have PTAT turned on so it will get recorded. What it might not get is a 'saved series' status that I usually set up for those shows I like a lot so I don't miss an episode.
?

Based on the first episode I also can't clearly see how they can stretch it, although I do have some ideas.

That said I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:
We watched it last night and thought it was just OK. Not going to cancel the timer, but also not going to watch it for a bit either. Hopefully there are some better new shows than this.

Blacklist smoked Hostages in Monday ratings in both the 18-49 group and total viewership.

S~

[h=1]Disappointing Ratings Spark 'Hostages' Drama For CBS
The 2013-14 television season has already thrown us a curve: The soft opening Monday night of CBS’ handsomely produced thriller mini-series “Hostages,” which failed to attract the kind of interest critics and other pundits have anticipated since the network revealed this distinctive show last May. Instead, the 10 p.m. hour belonged to NBC’s snazzy new procedural psycho-drama “The Blacklist” and ABC’s comfy crime drama “Castle,” a reliably dependable gem that doesn’t get the credit it deserves

Read more:
http://www.mediapost.com/publicatio...spark-hostages-drama-for-c.html#ixzz2g2O1HBh2
[/h]

Watching blacklist now. I like them both, so far I don't favor one over the other.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Recorded the first episode of Hostages,was kind of waiting to see what everyone's thoughts were before I gave it a try.For some reason I'm just not interested in Blacklist,not a huge Spader fan,minus Stargate.

I'm not interested in a Silence of the lambs rip off or the hostage crisis either. Like Spader and I like Toni Colettie too, but not interested in either show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts