Hotbird Satellite 13E, Bird 6/8/9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kandahar2011

Original poster
I am located at Kandahar Air Field trying to recieve Hotbird satellite 13E. The dish is setup at 23.0 elevation, 248-264 degrees azimuth. Lat. 31.4897, longitude 65.8450. Signal strength is 75, but no quality indication. What I am doing wrong? We are also using a signal meter. Any help out there?

Have you checked LyngSat for a strong transponder? I'm assuming KU band, but what LO are you setting for this bird? Lastly, you should also check the skew of the lnb as this sometimes can make a very big difference on the quality numbers. Best of success!

Your dish elevation is correct. Set the azimuth a touch west of 248 degrees (standing behind dish: move dish a little to the right of 248 degs). No obstacles in the way? Hope you have at least a 1-metre dish or larger: you're getting near the edge of the footprint of the Hotbirds that are centred on western Europe. Can you use your receiver instead of the meter and configure a strong transponder frequency? Guessing...I bet CCTV and Al Jazeera on 11034 V 27500 would be good to try. You need a universal LNB with LO of 9750 to get that one. Or BBC News at 12597 V 27500 with universal LNB and LO of 10600.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts