Hotbird Satellite 13E, Bird 6/8/9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kandahar2011

Original poster
I am located at Kandahar Air Field trying to recieve Hotbird satellite 13E. The dish is setup at 23.0 elevation, 248-264 degrees azimuth. Lat. 31.4897, longitude 65.8450. Signal strength is 75, but no quality indication. What I am doing wrong? We are also using a signal meter. Any help out there?

Have you checked LyngSat for a strong transponder? I'm assuming KU band, but what LO are you setting for this bird? Lastly, you should also check the skew of the lnb as this sometimes can make a very big difference on the quality numbers. Best of success!

Your dish elevation is correct. Set the azimuth a touch west of 248 degrees (standing behind dish: move dish a little to the right of 248 degs). No obstacles in the way? Hope you have at least a 1-metre dish or larger: you're getting near the edge of the footprint of the Hotbirds that are centred on western Europe. Can you use your receiver instead of the meter and configure a strong transponder frequency? Guessing...I bet CCTV and Al Jazeera on 11034 V 27500 would be good to try. You need a universal LNB with LO of 9750 to get that one. Or BBC News at 12597 V 27500 with universal LNB and LO of 10600.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts