How are these readings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
Finally got my Voom Installed yesterday. Bad day with the poor signal problems Voom had yesterday.

Today I checked and my readings are:
Satellite quality 28
OTA quality 80
satellite power 44
OTA power 42

Should I try to repeak my dish. I used existing dish and installer would have tried to repeak but I didn't have him since there was to much snow on roof yesterday.

n0qcu said:
Finally got my Voom Installed yesterday. Bad day with the poor signal problems Voom had yesterday.

Today I checked and my readings are:
Satellite quality 28
OTA quality 80
satellite power 44
OTA power 42

Should I try to repeak my dish. I used existing dish and installer would have tried to repeak but I didn't have him since there was to much snow on roof yesterday.

These numbers are about the same as mine and I'm in Tampa Bay. If the quality gets down near 20, the channels start dropping out. So, we don't have much margin for rain fade. Other VOOMers claim numbers near 40 but I'm not sure if they're quoting quality or signal power.

Dana

K4LK said:
These numbers are about the same as mine and I'm in Tampa Bay. If the quality gets down near 20, the channels start dropping out. So, we don't have much margin for rain fade. Other VOOMers claim numbers near 40 but I'm not sure if they're quoting quality or signal power.

Dana

My SAT power is 56 and my SAT quality is 54 so those number are a little low.

But yesterday my SAT power was 56 put my SAT quality fluctuated between 18-30

Bill

Please note, that signal readings are channel-specific!
It is espetially important for OTA. If you are tuned to a sat. channel, I think the OTA readings correspond to the most recent OTA channel, you tuned to...

The installer told me that the sat signal needs to be at least 30 for a successful install which seems true since yesterday I was getting dropouts when it started dropping in the 20's. Seems to be fixed this morning as I'm back above 50.

TimBob5259 said:
The installer told me that the sat signal needs to be at least 30 for a successful install which seems true since yesterday I was getting dropouts when it started dropping in the 20's. Seems to be fixed this morning as I'm back above 50.

Same here I have been checking signal strength in the mornings and it used to be 30s and 40s, this morning it was 56 and 60 so I guess they must have done something to fix the probem

desidoc said:
Same here I have been checking signal strength in the mornings and it used to be 30s and 40s, this morning it was 56 and 60 so I guess they must have done something to fix the probem

mine are better today, but still in the low 40's! :confused: They should be all above 50!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts