How awesome is MLBEI & Superfan?!?

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Here is a package that has greatly improved every single year, and this year is by far better than ever. How many things in life can you say that about?

Take tonight for instance, 9 of the 15 games are in HD on at least one channel, a whole bunch of games are being shown with the feed for both teams, and some games have the HD feed for each team! There could be more of everything, too, if it weren't the first round of the NHL playoffs.

Add to that the new Strike Zone Channel in HD (I loved it in SD!), the addition of Blue Jay telecasts, Phillie CSN telecasts, San Diego Ch 4 telecasts (in HD as well!), the new Braves OTA telecasts, and the package has become a must have for every baseball fan.

I know the package is not perfect, count me as one who doesn't like how Fox holds Saturday afternoons hostage. NHL Center Ice carries all of the NBC telecasts on weekend afternoons in their package, and a few years ago, when Fox had the glowing puck on weekend afternoons, all Fox games were included in NHLCI as well...so there could be hope. I also see no reason why they don't carry the Strike Zone channel on Sunday afternoons from 1PM until Sunday night baseball starts.

This would just be more of what is now a great package, though. I am almost old enough ;) to remember when ESPN had Wednesday night exclusivity from MLBEI, which everyone complained about for years. Then one day in the middle of a season, with virtually no notice, the exclusivity was lifted and Wednesday night games were instantly added to MLBEI. So, like I said, there's hope!

Here is a dirty little secret, please don't tell Bud Selig...I pay a lot for MLBEI and Superfan, and I would actually pay a lot more if the price went up. It's so worth it, especially if it continues to get better and better every year.

Let's keep that between us though, OK? :)

Sandra

I'm in baseball heaven. I've only seen 8 mistakes in EI so far this year. Most of them deal with these COX 4 feeds showing MASN and ESPNEWS instead and blackouts of A's games before they are finished. I like all of the new channels. Being able to choose which feed to watch is fantastic. Too much of Physioc, put on the Hawk or Singleton instead. I've enjoyed the season so far especially since Steve and Rex have been on radio up to now.

With c/ku, I don't worry too much about Saturday blackouts and the FOX games, but I see how that needs to be improved like the Wednesday blackouts of years past. If MLB.TV can show the games then DirecTV should be able too especially with 6 games last weekend blacked out.

If DirecTV can add most of the Lakers KCAL feeds next season to the NBA package then that will be fantastic. My Kings stink so I lose interest in hockey most seasons by November..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts