How Best to Sell my Directv DVR? Ebay?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

belsokar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
So I just signed up with Directv and got 2 DVRs when I signed up, $99 each. After signing up, I switched to the HD DVR, and no longer needed one of my Tivos. I was going to use all 3 DVRs, but was told by the Installer that I would need to do some special stuff to get it all to work, and it cost $$$ and i didn't really need the 3rd DVR, so now I have a practically brand new box that's only been used for about 4 days...

Can I just sell it on ebay?

Do I need to worry about the card or anything since I have activated it prior? i already de-activated it, but I'm not too familiar with Directv, so if anyone has any advice, it is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

What special stuff? With 3 DVR's you need 6 lines which you can do that with a 4X8 or a 5X8 multiswitch, with 2 outputs to spare. Sounds like the installer was either cheap or lazy.

Yes you can sell it on Ebay... the new owner will get a new card from D*.

Jerry

You also might want to think twice about even selling it at all & instead keeping it as a spare if the other one dies. You ARE aware that once the D-Tivo's are gone, they are gone for good & the ONY way you'll be able to get another unit would be if you were able to get a refurbed/used one, like on e-bay. Once this starts to happen, the prices will probably start going up as well, since most "tivoites" will probably not like the new DVR units.
You can just have D* deactivate it & put it away, ready as a future backup - that's what I'd sure do... ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)