How big is OTA antenna ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yankov

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Can anyone please describe VOOM OTA antenna, or even better post it's picture here?
The reason for my question is that I have a 2-story townhome and I obtained permission from the homeowners association for 18-inch VOOM dish.
At the homeowners association meeting I did not mention the OTA antenna as I did not want to scare them and wanted to get the approval.
I will have VOOM installed next Tuesday.
I believe I need the good OTA in my hillside area, but how visible is it from the ground if it will be attached to the dish on the roof of the 2-story building?
Basically my question is: Do you think my homeowners association will give me hard time about installing OTA without their explicit permission?

Here is a photo of my Voom OTA since the Stealth won't work for me.

Attachments

• Winegard 7084.jpg
    Winegard 7084.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 439
Looks good

FunkyBoss said:
They usually use the stealth 3010 shown here:

http://www.channelmaster.com/pages/s1.htm

Dunno about the HOA.
Thanks, it looks small and stylish, hopefully HOA won't have a problem with it.
If they will, I'll tell them that I'm in the contract with satellite company and will loose several hundred dollars if I have to discontinue service early.
At that point I may mention words 'pre-approved' and 'lawsuit' or something like that...
I think this will take care of it..
Our HOA members can't tell the difference between dish and a cow.
Hope none of them read posts on this forum. ;)

I know they won't let me use that one

Videofx said:
Here is a photo of my Voom OTA since the Stealth won't work for me.
I know they won't let me use that one - it looks too big.

Its a shame as I am over 50 miles from the broadcasters and this antenna gets everything. Cant wait for scanning to see if I can pick up milwaukee as I live in chicago.

bill

Also, the size of the antenna is impacted by what frequency spectrum you need for your OTA channels. %99 broadcast on UHF, but there are a few VHF "digital" channels out there. If you only need a UHF antenna, they are much smaller than the "big boom" shown. Go to antennaweb.org, plug in your street address, and when it gives you the list of channels, make SURE you click the "Digital Only" button at the top of the display. This will tell you what channels you can expect to get, as well as the compass heading to the towers that broadcast each channel.

Lob

HOA rules

occammd said:
The HOA cannot stop you from mounting an antenna to get OTA, It's the law.
That FCC ruling that you mentioning only applies to the areas exclusively used by the resident ( such as balcony or patio). Space on the roof still managed by HOA rules and unfortunately they CAN impose restrictions on antenna placement there.

DragonLips said:
3 WORDS MY FRIEND

The WINGARD SQUARE SHOOTER!!!!

Ashetically sexy.... Extremely powerful, and rated top product of the year. No bigger than a dish, and can be mounted on the SAME mount as the dish.

Hey DragonLips have you tried any other OTA Ant's before the SS? Has the SS worked for you when other OTA Ant's didnt? Which have you tried before?

Vinny, I'll have more information for you in a week. I say all of that because a friend of mine that lives 2 miles away from me used this device and receives flawless HD reception OTA. I will post my findings when I get it all set up. :D

I was turned onto the product from another forum in which people are SWEARING by this thing. Product of the year. There is not a bigger punch for the size than this.

Product information on the Square Shooter says it is for OTA channels 7-69. The mapping for zip code 80122 includes channels 2, 3, 4 and 5. Does this mean those channels will be lost if somebody replaces the Stealth with a Square Shooter?

Thanks DragonLips ...I'll be waiting for your report. If all does not go well with the DB8 which I am trying now....I'll be getting the squareshooter.

all I can say about the squareshooter is that I live 47 miles away from the tower
tall trees all around me.
I am scared of heights so I am waiting for my brother to come by and put it up on the roof (big colonial house).

well I got antsy and temp mounted it on the deck, pointed it in a general direction and fired it up (being so far away I also purchased a winegard pre-amp) bing! I got the channel(47 miles away) in digital !

I can't wait to mount it on the house and clear the trees!

one final note:
I have tried several antennas (not at this location but same town) and could not get anything, this location I am at is a lot more congested (trees) than the other location(s), so this is why I'm so impressed with the sqareshooter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts