How can I add a Joey to my 2 Hopper/4 Joey set up?

carterhjr

Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Missouri City, Texas
My wife has spent over an hour on the phone with Dish customer service trying to get an additional Joey added to our system. We currently have 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys. When the system was installed we were told that we could ultimately have 3 Joeys for each Hopper. It was a new house and we didn't have all the TV's ready yet so we just went with the 6 outlets. Now, I need another (and will ultimately want to add one more in the future). She originally told that we would have to purchase the Joey for $99 and install it ourselves, or have it installed for $50. But before we could complete the oder the Customer service rep said she was mistaken and that the $99 deal was no longer good, but we could buy on installed for $149 (sounds like the same deal to me). So my wife placed that order and set up an appointment for the install. She later got an email saying that order had been canceled. She called back, got a different person, and was told that we are not eligible for another Joey because 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys is the maximum per household (different that we were told when we got involved in this whole Hopper/Joey set up).

How do I go about getting a couple of more Joeys added to my set up?

The maximum is 3 Hoppers and 9 Joeys. Dish will only lease up to 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys. Any additional Hoppers/Joeys will need to be purchased for full price. Contact DIRT and they'll get you going.

Go here :-

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php

Scroll to the bottom, and if you see someone in red, it's a DIRT member, shoot them a PM.

Report of results:

We did get a call from Dish (thanks to the Raymond with the DIRT Team), they came out and installed two more Joeys to my system. Now have 2 Hoppers, 4 Joeys!! When told that Dish customer service said we couldn't exceed 6 total outlets, the service tech said we should have just hung up and called back to get different service rep. He said they install systems like ours all the time. Dish's policies are confusing if not troubling to say the least.

So far everything things is working fine...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)