How Can I Find satellite 129

you should be able to. use your dish receiver, go to the 'point dish' screen. input your zip code, sat 129, dish 300, and it should give you the proper dish settings with a plumb mast.

Although, depending on which reciever and software version you have, you hay not have an option for sat 129. If you dont, its just a little to the right of 119. Alot of people are finding out now that they are picking up 129 instead of 119 while still getting 110 with the dish 500. So, its not too far from it

bcshields said:
you should be able to. use your dish receiver, go to the 'point dish' screen. input your zip code, sat 129, dish 300, and it should give you the proper dish settings with a plumb mast.

Some receivers still don't have the info for 129 in the point dish screen. At least my 311s and my 501 don't have it yet.
The elevation should be close to 119 so you can try the numbers from 119 in the point dish screen and then move it to the West just a little bit.

CivicOnBoostEK said:
Although, depending on which reciever and software version you have, you hay not have an option for sat 129. If you dont, its just a little to the right of 119. Alot of people are finding out now that they are picking up 129 instead of 119 while still getting 110 with the dish 500. So, its not too far from it

Are you SURE theyre really picking up 129 instead of 119 while on 110?....im quite sure its imposible xonsidering its another 10 degrees west of 119.
what is probably hapening is they are useing a digital meter..ie birdog or similar.
it just reads 129 on the meter...mine shows positive for 148 but not for 119, i think they have a similar signiture, but its just speculation

CivicOnBoostEK said:
Alot of people are finding out now that they are picking up 129 instead of 119 while still getting 110 with the dish 500. So, its not too far from it

physically impossible sicne the LNB is only 9 degrees apart

either they get 119 & 129 or 119 & 110

or 110 and nothing :)

Iceberg said:
physically impossible sicne the LNB is only 9 degrees apart

either they get 119 & 129 or 119 & 110

or 110 and nothing :)

your absolutly correct on that. I stil think they are using a birdog or similar and its "showing" them 129 when in fact they are getting a signal from 119.
like it shows me 148 instead of 119.

SimpleSimon said:
Or, or, or 129 and nothing. :D

That must be some really bad aim if they mean to get 110 and 119 :yes

*random thought* do you think it'd be possible for a bird to knock a dish out of focus if it hit it hard enough?

[even moreso, has that ever happened?]

Maybe an eagle or condor, or a frozen Butterball(R) turkey, but not any normal-bird-sized bird. :)