How can I get over-the-air channels on TV2?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Don't use an amp. That's not your problem. The snow you see on the dish channel is due to interference. It sounds like your antenna is picking up all sorts of stuff that isn't in the regular digital TV band. Likely some UHF radio or TV broadcasts. What you likely need is a notch filter placed on the output of the TV antenna. Then combine the output of the notch with the output of the Dish receiver.

Problem is, I can't find a standard notch filter that fits the frequencies you are working with. The 469 cuts into channel 18. The 470 cuts into channel 24 and 18.

You could try a low pass filter, but I can't recall if the modulator in the receiver can get above channel 61. You would have to go with the channel plus LPF-750 which has a pass band of 750mhz. Channel 61 starts at 752mhz. Note that is RF channel 61, not cable channel 61. Cable channel 118 is at 757mhz.

I guess I might try the NF-470 first and see if it lets enough of 18 and 24 through. My guess is it doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)