Locals issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tukinc

Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
Cayman
I live in the Cayman Islands and wanted to sign up for satellite service. Local companies here sell Dish Network service (with actual Dish logos on thier vans, etc) but they charge a very high premium for this and its not technically legal. By searching the forums I discovered that I could set up the service myself by using my Florida address.

I bought a Vip722, DP34, signed up for Dish service and installed a 6ft dish. I have clear signal on both 119 and 110. All is well with the national feeds but the SD Miami locals are only received intermittantly, and no HD locals come through. More searching of the forums taught me about spot beams and local channels, so I 'moved' my service address to NY, NY. Now I am still receiving the SD Miami locals (sometimes) plus the New york CW channel. I would love to get the HD locals too, but I can live with just having the SD locals be reliable. My Dish account says that my service address is in NY, which I had assumed was not a spot beam for locals.

How do I get the receiver to stop picking up the spot beam from Florida and only pick up the NY locals? I have tried power cycling the receiver, forcing a channel scan, etc, but no luck. Do I need to 'move' again to another zip?

Any help would be appreciated...

It sounds like the person that did your move didn't change over your set of local channels. I'd talk to them again and tell them to fix it. You shouldn't be seeing the Miami channels with a NY service address. I had a similar problem when I switched locals. My sports teams were correct, which signified that they made the change, but they forgot to switch my locals package to the new area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)