How can I get Texas Tech basketball games?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bvbull200

Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
Okay...so Isubscribed to the sports pack which will cover most of the games on the schedule (Fox Sports/ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU, etc.) However, there is a television station in Lubbock, TX that will broadcast all of the games not covered by the major networks. It is called, TTTN, Texas Tech Television Network. I can't seem to get a straight answer from Directv on whether or not those games will come in on the ESPN Full-Court package or not. What really ticks me off, is that the games have already started and they won't give me a broadcasting schedule until November 19th...absurd. Does anyone have experience with ESPN Full-Court, and hopefully specifically TTTN? Let me know what to expect from this package! Thanks in advance.

bvbull200 said:
Okay...so Isubscribed to the sports pack which will cover most of the games on the schedule (Fox Sports/ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU, etc.) However, there is a television station in Lubbock, TX that will broadcast all of the games not covered by the major networks. It is called, TTTN, Texas Tech Television Network. I can't seem to get a straight answer from Directv on whether or not those games will come in on the ESPN Full-Court package or not. What really ticks me off, is that the games have already started and they won't give me a broadcasting schedule until November 19th...absurd. Does anyone have experience with ESPN Full-Court, and hopefully specifically TTTN? Let me know what to expect from this package! Thanks in advance.

Try Google next time, it's pretty easy to use.

http://texastech.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/text-m-baskbl-sched.html

As far as D* carrying any of the TTTN games, I have no idea. They may be
propriatary to the local market.

Chip

Chip

Go Red Raiders! Man all TT teams sure have improved since I was at Tech... :D

raoul5788 said:
Try Google next time, it's pretty easy to use.

http://texastech.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/text-m-baskbl-sched.html

As far as D* carrying any of the TTTN games, I have no idea. They may be
propriatary to the local market.

Chip

Chip
I thnk he already knew the schedule ... he wanted to know if the TTTN games would be on FullCourt.

ESPN FullCourt schedule: http://www.espnppv.com/espnppv/fcschedule.pdf. 17 Texas Tech games on this year.

And here's a link to the CBB schedule for the all the ESPN networks: http://media.espn.com/ESPNToday/2005/Oct_05/cbb_2005sked.doc. I counted 11 Texas Tech appearances here. (Note that a few games on ESPNU may also be covered by FullCourt.)

Don't think you'll get any games on the TTTN. I don't think anyone carries it besides the local market in Lubbock. Some of the games on ESPN full court may be broadcast from TTTN, but if the games are on TTTN and not on ESPN full court, don't be suprised =/

As far as the RSNs go, you might get lucky and see a game you normally wouldn't with having the Sports Pack, but I wouldn't count on it. TTTN is not a part of this either.

Unfortunately, I think you are outta luck on this one.

Thanks for the response guys! Yeah, I already knew what the schedule was (thought I made that clear) and I could see what network was carrying each one, it was a matter of whether or not certain games would be carried by ESPN Full-Court. I had NO idea that there was a schedule out. It is a shame that Directv couldn't tell me that information. Looks like I will be getting ESPN Full-Court, I lined up a few of the games that are only on TTTN (not TTTN*) and they will be on there. Only downside...I can't get tonight's game. It is my brother's first game under Bobby Knight!

bvbull200 said:

Have you considered checking to see whether or not TTTN streams the video of the games they carry? If you have a high-speed connection, you could see the games that way when they're not available on ESPN-Full Court or the Sports Pack.

Hope this helps!

TAMU Dad and Grandfather

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)