H20 upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Deke50

Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Oak Park MI
I was schedule for a Local HD upgrade a few weeks ago and after the site survey I was told that my neighbor's tree is in the line of site, so they couldn't do the upgrade unless I cut down the tree.
Anyone know If the H20 can be used with my 3LNB dish that I have now.
How long will the my current receivers Hughes HTL-HD and a Sony SAT HD 300 work. I know they are both MPeg2 compatable. Is the new H20 MPeg2 and MPeg4 compatable?

Deke50 :confused:

Are you using a current 3 LNB in the location where they said that they tree was in the way???? If so, they new satellites are only 2 degrees + and - of the 101, which if your current 3 LNB works, a new dish should also work without a problem.

HD Upgrade

Yes, the new dish would go in the same location but higher on the roof.
I notice on solidsignal you can buy the dish. If I can't cut down the tree soon, Is D's installation contractor the only company that can install the dish?, If I can't do it myself.

I'f its on solid signal, I'm sure you could "self install" From what I've read, there is another person on here that did do a self install, and said it wasn't too bad.

HP Upgrade

Do You know the person's name.
I would like to know where he mounted the dish and was the calibration hard to do.

Go to solid signal web site and you can watch a installation video. Then you can decide if you want to install yourself. I plan on doing my own. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)