How confident are you that VOOM will survive?

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
How confident you are that VOOM will survive after next Monday's meeting?

What do you guys think, given the latest development that we know of:

1) J. Dolan shutdown voom.com
2) C. Dolan coup of the CVC Board
3) C. Dolan trying to cut a deal with E*

I voted "Not sure" because I just think there's a lot going on we don't know, and when large amounts of $$ and lawyers get involved...

At any rate, I'm with E* currently but feel the marketplace and the future of HD needs VOOM to keep the HD revolution on tract.

Very confident that Dolan sr will rescue Voom from the short-term crisis. He will spend money, build the HD channel lineup, get out the DVR, etc. Subscriber numbers will shoot way up.

But long-term will the subscriber numbers increase enough to make Voom a thriving, profitable, sustainable investment? I sure as heck hope so. It will be exciting to watch. Keep on VaVaVumin, folks, as long as it lasts.

With John Malone now on the board...a real powerhouse in telecommuncations and in Washington...I think it will survive. (crossed fingers)

I think it will last as long as Chuck Dolans money lasts. If he cannot find someone to throw in with him then eventually it will fail.

Hate to say it but he needs D*'s or E*'s customer base numbers RIGHT NOW.

I voted unsure

I do believe no later than Tuesday of next week we will know if we will continue with Voom or not

I also do not believe voomllc.com will come back unless a positive decision comes out of Mondays deadline

Too many variables

With the recent news that he wants to work with E*, I think it's doomed. If he's not willing to sell Cablevision to make it work there's no chance.

madpoet said:
With the recent news that he wants to work with E*, I think it's doomed. If he's not willing to sell Cablevision to make it work there's no chance.
I though about that also, but maybe he has a plan A and plan B. It could be like this:

Plan A: Try to get E* involve ($$$?, sat lease?)
Plan B: Bye Bye Cablevision. Sell stock to finance VOOM