How did my DVR time record the whole Super Bowl game?

I'm not complaining, but am not sure how this happened. I set my 622 to record the Superbowl game by selecting the game in the guide. I didn't pad the timer on either side. The original game in the guide was from 6pm until 9PM (EST). However, my DVR kept on recording past 9PM and didn't stop until after the post-game show was over. After 9 when I noticed the DVR was still recording, I rechecked the program guide and there had been no changes. The guide entry for the Superbowl game was long gone and it was showing that I was recording the next show on the channel.

Again, I'm not complaining... Just wondering how the DVR did this? Any ideas?

- Paul

It may have been because the program guide had the Superbowl scheduled to go until quarter-after the hour. I was getting ready to set the timer for House when I noticed that it was scheduled to start at 9:15. Since the game ran just a little bit longer, I luckily set House to record for an extra 30 minutes or so and still got the whole thing. Tricky business!

I'm not complaining, but am not sure how this happened. I set my 622 to record the Superbowl game by selecting the game in the guide. I didn't pad the timer on either side. The original game in the guide was from 6pm until 9PM (EST). However, my DVR kept on recording past 9PM and didn't stop until after the post-game show was over. After 9 when I noticed the DVR was still recording, I rechecked the program guide and there had been no changes. The guide entry for the Superbowl game was long gone and it was showing that I was recording the next show on the channel.

Again, I'm not complaining... Just wondering how the DVR did this? Any ideas?

- Paul

If your 622 is like my 722 it has a default on sports events of an xtra 60 mins. & you can add more if you go into the settings. Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts