How did the April 1 Upgrade work for you

How much better was the special number than normal upgrade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I called back to the special 888 number (I didn't realize it was still open so I had called the regular Dish number earlier) and was told that it looks like the receiver has shipped and I should have it by 4/11, but there is no tracking number in the system. That seems a little fishy to me, but I'll just have to wait until Monday and see whether anything shows up.

Great! The CSR seemd to actually know what she was talking about although it was evident she was reading from a script. That's ok because she covered all the details and set up install for 4/15. Much better than previous experiences. I rate it a B+. (Could not answer questions that were not in the script.)

I am finally get was I wanted after my third attempt:D . My previous two calls to that number did not work.
I wanted to replace both 942 and 811 to 622 and 211 respectively. April 1 and April 3 calls were unsuccessful. They only allowed one receiver upgrade. It was not acceptable for me to pay for something I will not be able to watch (MPEG4 HD channels on 811). So I declined the upgrade.
This morning I called third time and somewhat changed my strategy. Here is what I did. I started a call with what I looking for: I want to upgrade two receivers at the same time. CSR put me on hold for couple minutes and after holding replied to me that I can upgrade 942 and buy 211 ($400). I said NO and asked to be transferred to Executive CSR representative. Was put on hold for three minutes and after holding he started by saying that I want to replace 2 HD receivers., I said YES, and was offered the upgrade for $348.98 - $200 rebate. That was exactly what I was looking for. After selecting package and install date (April 16, Sunday), he read me disclosures and my total monthly payment.
So, my suggestion for everybody with two receivers, try this strategy, it worked well, be very polite during first step.:up

Last edited:
Received the receiver Wednesday. Hooked it up, activated it. It was tempermental, though. Didn't want to take the initial software update after running checkswitch.

Minsk1 said:
I am finally get was I wanted after my third attempt:D . My previous two calls to that number did not work.
I wanted to replace both 942 and 811 to 622 and 211 respectively. April 1 and April 3 calls were unsuccessful. They only allowed one receiver upgrade. It was not acceptable for me to pay for something I will not be able to watch (MPEG4 HD channels on 811). So I declined the upgrade.
This morning I called third time and somewhat changed my strategy. Here is what I did. I started a call with what I looking for: I want to upgrade two receivers at the same time. CSR put me on hold for couple minutes and after holding replied to me that I can upgrade 942 and buy 211 ($400). I said NO and asked to be transferred to Executive CSR representative. Was put on hold for three minutes and after holding he started by saying that I want to replace 2 HD receivers., I said YES, and was offered the upgrade for $348.98 - $200 rebate. That was exactly what I was looking for. After selecting package and install date (April 16, Sunday), he read me disclosures and my total monthly payment.
So, my suggestion for everybody with two receivers, try this strategy, it worked well, be very polite during first step.:up

I need to do this. I could not get to upgrade my two receivers (942 and 6000) only one she said I could do. I will call again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)