how do I add a 5th satellite?

putty

Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
Well I got a DPP44 switch here in the north east with 61.5,110,118,119 hooked to it, now that the new HD is on 72 I'm a little lost on what to do, I have two 722's and a 211 hooked to the switch. I always set up my own dishes.

thanks

You need a DP21 for each tuner you want 5sats on (2 for a dual tuner, of course). Put your output of the DP44 into the DP21 Sat 1, then the 5th sat into the DP21 Sat 2. Then the out goes to your receiver. And as I said before, if you have a dual tuner receiver you'll need 2 DP21's as a DPP Separator WILL NOT work in this setup. So having two dual tuner receivers and a 211 you would not have enough ports on the DPP44 as you would need 2 separate lines for each 722 then another for the 211.

switch to EA...that solves the issue

you'll get 61.5/72/77 and can use the 4th port for 118.7

unless you're in one of those weird markets where Dish doesnt have all your locals on EA

You need a DP21 for each tuner you want 5sats on (2 for a dual tuner, of course). Put your output of the DP44 into the DP21 Sat 1, then the 5th sat into the DP21 Sat 2. Then the out goes to your receiver. And as I said before, if you have a dual tuner receiver you'll need 2 DP21's as a DPP Separator WILL NOT work in this setup. So having two dual tuner receivers and a 211 you would not have enough ports on the DPP44 as you would need 2 separate lines for each 722 then another for the 211.

I may have two of those switch's, I'll be fine to get this on my main set up only, I'm going to try this before I have to buy the eastern arc dish,
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)