Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikelib

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Jersey Sure
I recently purchased a used Coolsat 5000 Platinum off of e-bay for $50 + shipping. I received it with only two Echo Star satellites (110º &119º) program. I did a factory reset and all of the satellites returned. I need to cleanse it further and get an updated satellite list programmed. My most southern sat Horizon 2 at 74.0W is missing.

I remember there was a thread on how to cleanse and set the Coolsat receiver back to True FTA. I searched on Coolsat 5000 Platinum and could not find the thread. Can anyone help in cleaning and restoring the set top box back to true FTA?

Thanks,
Mike Lib

System Information:
Model: Coolsat Platinum
S/W Version: NORW-Ver2.04p
H/W Version: 1.10
Boot Version: 2.10 (09:14)
CH Version: Nov 01 2008

By cleanse/clean you mean putting in the Coolsat factory file? if so you can go to Coolsat USA and download the Default Software file for your unit and install it.

Here is the loader and both version 1.00 & 1.01

main differences between the two that I remember
v 1.00 meter is 82-85 max, 1.01 is 99
v 1.01 has a "fine tune" motor option, v1.00 doesnt
v 1.01 has a "moving to" that stays on the screen until it locks on the satellite, v.100 doesn't. This can be bad (1.01) when there is no active TP on a satellite

I personally use v1.00

Neither may have H2 in there...I know the sat list is kinda outdated...lemme see if I can find one that is more current

Attachments

• CoolSat Pro Loader v.2.4.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 703
found one...may not have the most current names on there but it has the satellite slots there that the factory may not

use the loader above to load the satellites in it...select "channels" and it should let you load it just fine...load the factory firmware first then the channels and the satellite list should be good to go then

Attachments

• coolsat.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 217
Thank's for the help guys, I will do the changes tonight and post back the results tomorrow.

Thank you Iceberg, for the loader and the files, my Coolsat 5000 has been exorcized of all pirated software. :cool:

Have you ever used a Fortec Star Dynamic set top box??

Thanks,
Mike Lib

(New) System Information:
Model: Coolsat Platinum
S/W Version: 1.00 Oct 07 2005
H/W Version: 1.10
Boot Version: 2.10 (09:14)
CH Version: E004

Here is the loader and both version 1.00 & 1.01

main differences between the two that I remember
v 1.00 meter is 82-85 max, 1.01 is 99
v 1.01 has a "fine tune" motor option, v1.00 doesnt
v 1.01 has a "moving to" that stays on the screen until it locks on the satellite, v.100 doesn't. This can be bad (1.01) when there is no active TP on a satellite

I personally use v1.00

Ha Thanks for this here Ice.

I did not know that their was a 101 for the Cool, an very nice telling by what it does.
now I got 2 of the 5000 1 with 100 FW an other with 3rd (reason on 3rd was the fine movement using motor control 1.2 mode) use this receiver to set up dishes an also as a test receiver too. an never liked 3rd FW as a test receiver doing scaning because always had to select the freq on blind scaning from 12,750 down to 12,200 freq. an always wanted to know why that the 3rd FW had such a big signal increase over factory FW. an this tells me why.
Thanks for posting it.

now to let you know Mike that their is also a hidden menu in the 5000, an when I get 1 that has been used from the eye patch boys I do this to help stop problems in the future, "Nvram Clear" it is to clean the eprom from bad data that a factory tech told me about a few years ago. an I do this after a master reset an again after loading FW.

now this is how you get to the hidden menu.
power off receiver
go to front pannel of receiver hold down up channel an hit power button
a screen will pop up
all kinds of settings for voltage controls an so on, pretty in dept
select "Nvram Clear" lower right on screen w/remote
push ok w/remote
receiver will boot up with No channels now you can go an set it up from here.

Not to hijack a thread but other than needing to update sats which can be added manually or software upgrades I can't see much reason to worry about what software is on the stb's as long as it functions the way it should. You have a purchase date from Ebay which was after the new encryption was put into service and the software that was for hacking has been rendered useless.
There will be a lot of good deals coming through that will have eye patch software (I just bought a 9200 for 100.00) and my only point is why bother unless there are features on the new software that are not on the existing.

Thank you Iceberg, for the loader and the files, my Coolsat 5000 has been exorcized of all pirated software. :cool:

Have you ever used a Fortec Star Dynamic set top box??

I have a Merc II which is pretty much the same unit software wise

I did not know that their was a 101 for the Cool, an very nice telling by what it does.
I know some of the last units that Coolsat sent out from the factory had v1.01 in them so a while back we compared the differences. I did load 1.01 in my 5000 and didnt like it. The meter seems to jump to 97 all the time. Also at the time 85W didnt have anything on the satellite but feeds (there is now a 24/7 test card up) so when I tried to blind scan 85W the receiver would freeze because it didnt know if it was there (on 85W) or not

now I got 2 of the 5000 1 with 100 FW an other with 3rd (reason on 3rd was the fine movement using motor control 1.2 mode) use this receiver to set up dishes an also as a test receiver too. an never liked 3rd FW as a test receiver doing scaning because always had to select the freq on blind scaning from 12,750 down to 12,200 freq. an always wanted to know why that the 3rd FW had such a big signal increase over factory FW. an this tells me why.
Thanks for posting it.

now to let you know Mike that their is also a hidden menu in the 5000, an when I get 1 that has been used from the eye patch boys I do this to help stop problems in the future, "Nvram Clear" it is to clean the eprom from bad data that a factory tech told me about a few years ago. an I do this after a master reset an again after loading FW.

power off receiver
a screen will pop up
push ok w/remote

I have seen this term before (FW) can someone tell me what that means?

power off receiver
a screen will pop up
push ok w/remote

Thanks MY 1Captain, this is good to know. I will try it. Thanks for input.

Not to hijack a thread but other than needing to update sats which can be added manually or software upgrades I can't see much reason to worry about what software is on the stb's as long as it functions the way it should. You have a purchase date from Ebay which was after the new encryption was put into service and the software that was for hacking has been rendered useless.
There will be a lot of good deals coming through that will have eye patch software (I just bought a 9200 for 100.00) and my only point is why bother unless there are features on the new software that are not on the existing.

Swamp_Rat, I agree you can leave the STB with the bootleg software if it is functioning correctly; in this case the receiver was not. Also I am basically an honest person and never would have purchased a STB that was used for stealing, so I prefer to restore it back to the original factory software. BTW I purchased a Captiveworks 6000 Premium off of Craig’s List and the person who I bought it from knew he was trying to steal programming, but he never got it to work. I restore the Captiveworks 6000 back to original factory software but, it still has pirate footprints in it. I am going to try 1Captians trick and see if it works on the Captiveworks 6000. Thanks for your input.

I have a Merc II which is pretty much the same unit software wise

The Dynamic was my first receiver, got it from Galaxy-Marketing as part of a package. Now I compare every receiver to it as IMHO, it is a great, inexpensive receiver. I can’t wait for them to come out with a HD PVR STB. Thanks, you are always helpful.

I have seen this term before (FW) can someone tell me what that means?

I think 1Captian was alluding to third party firm ware. 3rd f/w

Thats a nice satellite list Iceberg thanks for posting it.

no problem. That is the beauty of ChannelMaster. That list is actually from my Pansat 1500 that I use to aim dishes with (has a true quality meter). I uploaded that to CM, made sure it looked right and renamed some sats (I still had SBS6, T5, T6 and IA sats in there) ;) and converted it to a Coolsat file

Most of the transponder list is accurate....each sat has a TP that is active so it should help when setting up

Yes Thank you Iceberg I was having a hard time trying to input 95w in my 5000. I thought about channel master but have never used it. This list is great....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts