How do i get a bigger Dish?

Technut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
San Antonio, Texas, USA
I think i need a bigger dish, everytime the sky is cloudy or light rain falls, while my directv stays on. my signal is good on clear sunny days (85) . CSR told me they have no bigger dish..lol till i told her i know there is and how do i get one? she said she did not know how i could get one we dont have a list for that., first time i hung up on someone in over 15 years. I should have been told "let me ask my supervisor".

It seems Voom is trying to get by on the cheapest equipment at the expense of there customers frustration.

and i was told now that my service call for my ota, needs to be rescheduled, because the install sub, turned the job down, the installer said he didnt refuse job. so 1 more wasted day off.

Frustrated.

MR.C

E-mail Wilt.

I'm having the same problem. Signal strength when cloudy is 70-75 and picture breaks up.

Wilt e-mailed me back saying he would get with the installer and get me upped to a 24" dish.

Yea, I've had the same issue. Normaly on a clear day I'm sitting at 97 but get a few clouds or a splater of any rain at all and my signal drops below 70. I emailed wilt, didn't here anything for 3 weeks and then out of the blue the local install company calls saying they have a new bigger dish for me and want to set up a time to install it.

Good luck with getting a different dish. :)

it took me calling voom 3 times about a bigger dish, to get it approved(and them to acknowledge there was 1), I said i would cancell my service immediately if not. She put me on hold and said she got it approved and that they would give me a credit to my bill for the problem, I think voom should declare itself still in BETA mode.(yes the whole service) i dont mind beta, but i do mind spending $125.00 a month to be a beta tester. Dont get me wrong when the sun shines i get a awesome picture in HD, If i could buy equipment that fixed the problem i would.

MR.C

does that mean my dish is not pointed that well, and to think this was the 1 thing my installer Will did right.
MR.C

Unless you have some abstruction you should be in the mid 90's atleast. Not that this may help your rain fade but it might.

yeah my dish is pointed at the top of a tree, (currently lowest part of my roof) ill have them move the new dish to the top of my roof where there are no such obsructions(where i moved my OTA), I asked for dish to be at top of roof but he said it would be "FINE"

Mr. c

p.s. they reaLLY NEED A SELF-INSTALL PACKAGE..
my voom setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)