How do I hook up TWO Dish 625 DVRs on ONE antenna?

Baba Asheri

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I have one 625 in the living room on TV1 with TV2 going back into the line via a duplexer in order to watch it in bedroom 1. I bought a used 625 off ebay to put in bedroom 2 but I have no idea how to correctly get the signal to it without screwing up the living room & bedroom 1 setup. HELP!!! :confused:

You will need to run another line to the new 625 directly from the LNB, and use a DPP Separator at the receiver to feed both satellite inputs.

The new 625 cannot be on the same line as your current one.

The antenna is a Dish 1000 with 3 LNBs: 119, 110 & 129. There is a double coaxial cable coming down from the antenna. The living room 625 is connected to 119. The other cable comes off the 110 LNB but I can't get a signal when I tried hooking up to that one with the new 625.

Thanks, Speedy.

I'll have to crawl under the house to connect it to 110.
Both coaxials from the antenna terminate in a grounding block under the house. The living room 625 connects to the 119 there. Is the grounding block where I should tap into the 110?

Just in hopes of not having to go under the house at 10:30pm, I did menu 6-1-3 on the new 625 and H says DPP Twin, Twin(1), Twin(2). Would it have been able to get that from the antenna when I tried to hook both 625s to the 119 via a splitter?

Your LNB has a built in switch (meaning the cables from each port have all 3 signals), so you do not need to connect it to the other port. I'm just trying to find out what the exact model of LNB that you have

What shows in field "H" for device when you go to menu-6-1-3?

Ok. One line is coming from one LNB coaxial output and it feeds the living room 625. The second line comes from a separate coaxial output and it feeds bedroom 2 625. What settings do I need for bedroom 2 to get it to have the signal come through?

If your current LNB is a DPPlus LNB, the receiver will need one connection with a Separator. If it is a DP (no plus), you will need 1 coax run to EACH of the satellite inputs on each 625

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)