How do I hook up TWO Dish 625 DVRs on ONE antenna?

The antenna has like a dual LNB separate from a single LNB. The single has 129 on it and the dual has 119 and 110 on it. Standing behind the dish, left to right are 129, 119 and 110. The living room comes off of the middle port (?), the 119 labeled coax. The bedroom 2 comes off of the far right port, the 110 labeled coax.

I guess there's a chance the cable between the LNB and the grounding block is bad? Tomorrow, I could get on the roof and bypass that section of coax cable and grounding block and go straight one piece of coax cable from the 110 port to the 625. Should I try that?

Something is causing the signal to not make it. Whether that be the receiver, separator, cable, or LNB I wouldn't be able to tell off the bat. Best thing to do is replace them one by one.

So one of those four is my culprit?

I hooked the new 625 up in the living room and it worked like a champ so that rules it out as the problem. I was also using it's supplied separator so it is ruled out as well.

That narrows the problem down to the LNB or the cable?

Baba Asheri said:
The antenna has like a dual LNB separate from a single LNB. The single has 129 on it and the dual has 119 and 110 on it. Standing behind the dish, left to right are 129, 119 and 110. The living room comes off of the middle port (?), the 119 labeled coax. The bedroom 2 comes off of the far right port, the 110 labeled coax.

I guess there's a chance the cable between the LNB and the grounding block is bad? Tomorrow, I could get on the roof and bypass that section of coax cable and grounding block and go straight one piece of coax cable from the 110 port to the 625. Should I try that?
Don't even bother with the 129 lnb......

The dpp twin is the large lnb with 2 "eyes". When you pull off the lnb you will notice 2 ports on one side and a single port on the other. The single port is an input, you don't need that port. Just the two close to each other. One port for each 625.

Run a check switch.....

Menu-6-1-1

This should solve any issues. Unless your cable or lnb have an issue them selves.

By the way...what kind of cable are you using from the groundblock to your new 625? I hope RG6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)