How Do I register for directv2PC ?

souelle1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
When I try to install the program it asks me for a serial number, which I don't have. I've heard you need to register in order to receive the serial number. Where or how do I register ? Please help !!

When I try to install the program it asks me for a serial number, which I don't have. I've heard you need to register in order to receive the serial number. Where or how do I register ? Please help !!
Try downloading it again, and again if you have to. It took me 4 downloads to get 2 serial numbers.

You can download the file from dbstalk, but you need to complete the registration and begin the download here: DIRECTV: DIRECTV2PC

Once you've filled out the form and the download from DirecTV starts, you can cancel it and your serial will be in your email.

I keep running into the same problem after i'm redirected to the cyberlink site I get

ACCESS ERROR
This page cannot be displayed. To access information about DIRECTV2PC, please go to www.directv.com/directv2pc.

I've been trying about once or twice a week for a couple months now.

what's going on ???

Thanks for any help

it looks like the cyberlink site is checking referrers and sees you're not coming from DirecTV. I get the same error if I click the link from here, but not if I go to it from the DirecTV site. Type in the url directly into your browser's address bar: www.directv.com/directv2pc

(edit: it appears you can click the DirecTV.com link from here, it's just the cyberlink site that won't let you click the link from here)

still doesn't work, I typed in directv.com/directv2pc clicked on "download beta" get the parental control info pop up then click on "continue to beta" takes me to the cyberlink site with the "access error".

what the heck i've tried 3 different browsers and nothing !!

souelle - it is still working fine for me. You must access it from this link:

DIRECTV: DIRECTV2PC

and click download beta, then the second link is in the new windows that opens.

Not much else you can do, try turning off any firewalls or try a different computer.

Do I need a diffrent serial than the one I was origonally sent via private mssg via dbstalk?

Maybe, try it, if it don't work, do the download and get a different serial number. The SN is emailed to you when the download finishes - you have to download the national beta from the directv site to get the SN, even if you are using the pre-beta version from here.

Jason,
I've tried about a half dozen times, even trying different email addresses, and I have not received a serial number. Any insights as to what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!

Are you letting the download finish, it doesn't send the SN until the download completes.

If that doesn't work, try a different computer. Past that, you got me.

Jason,
I finally received a key. I'm guessing that the servers were never quite registering that I had completed a download (even though I've got 4 or 5 copies downloaded now).

I just got a pair of HR22's installed, and I'm thinking about using one of them with CE. Is that acceptable?

Chris

Sure, anyone can participate in the CE release, just download the release when we post the notification for your receiver. Downloads are Friday/Saturday after 11pm ET.

Read the FAQ stickied in the CE forum for more info.

i finally got my key, I had to use my iphone even though I couldn't download the file to my iphone it did allow me to submit my info ang I got the email with my key.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)