How do I stop the 622 from going into standby mode?

DavidZ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Even though I went in to the Preferences menu and "disabled" the "inactivity standby" feature, my 622 still goes into standby mode when I don't use it for a while.

How do I stop the 622 from going into standby mode?

Sounds like a problem there tiger. Mine doesn't do that, but also mine didn't get the software upgrade either. I guess Dish doesn't love me anymore. I'll have to go find some "Direct-TV" love, since they have gay stations like Logo.

When is it going into stand by? It will go into standby overnight with the daily guide download and reboot, even if you have it disabled.

I have mine set for guide download at 3 am (default) and have an Auto Tune timer set for each sat tuner a 4 am to wake it back up. Otherwise, it would be asleep every morning.

When is it going into stand by? It will go into standby overnight with the daily guide download and reboot, even if you have it disabled.

I have mine set for guide download at 3 am (default) and have an Auto Tune timer set for each sat tuner a 4 am to wake it back up. Otherwise, it would be asleep every morning.

That's the way I do it and it works for my needs. AFAIK there isn't a "switch" that disables Standby.

-Funk

Sounds like a problem there tiger. Mine doesn't do that, but also mine didn't get the software upgrade either. I guess Dish doesn't love me anymore. I'll have to go find some "Direct-TV" love, since they have gay stations like Logo.

WTF does this have to do with the OP?

Go with what Jim5506 said.

I see. Now that you mention it, after I changed the menu setting to disable the inactivity standby, the only time the 622 would go into standby is overnight.

Thanks. That works. Tried it last night.

I only set one Auto Tune. That was sufficient to wake up the 622 Why do you set two? Are there 2 specific channnels that you want to have full buffers in the morning?

I only set one Auto Tune. That was sufficient to wake up the 622 Why do you set two? Are there 2 specific channnels that you want to have full buffers in the morning?

Single mode = one autotune timer
Dual mode = two autotune timers (one is needed for each output)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts