How do you do it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maxkil41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
I just called D* to inquire about the kind of deal they would give me to switch from E*. I told them I get Cinemax free because of automatic bill pay, and what my monthly charge is. I also said that I need to justify the $180.00 early termination fee. The "deal" he was going to give me was Showtime free with automatic bill pay, and the same deals they offer on their website. He would not give anything extra so I said no. How do you guys get such great deals? Free DVR's...

Thanks

Recently it has been difficult to get a deal beyond the typical $100 off the list price of one DVR. Keep calling--another CSR may give you a better deal, but they have been tightening up on that.

I just called D* to inquire about the kind of deal they would give me to switch from E*. I told them I get Cinemax free because of automatic bill pay, and what my monthly charge is. I also said that I need to justify the $180.00 early termination fee. The "deal" he was going to give me was Showtime free with automatic bill pay, and the same deals they offer on their website. He would not give anything extra so I said no. How do you guys get such great deals? Free DVR's...

Thanks

Normally that has been offered to those who maintain the higher priced packages with ST/MLB/Nascar or the long time subscribers who bought the HR10-250 and maintained the old HD package.

Odd are someone in upper management ran some reports and saw too much was being given away. At that point the CS reps were put on noticed and had some access to promotional systems taken away. Just a guess but that's how it goes in corporations.

I had some issues with my account being setup incorrectly (resulting in extra charges and missing promotions) and the only people that had access to fix the problem after several transfers were in the Customer Retention department. I didn't need to be retained, I just had a couple errors on my account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)