GEOSATpro How do you enter a manual PID in the Micro

rgk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
Caledonia,MI
Would someone please tell me how to do a manual PID entry. The manual doesn't say how. The one thread I could find went off on a tangent without mentioning how other than that it's "tricky".

Go to the TP List. Then add a transponder and go through the process, Freq, SR, and Polarity. Then save, then go back and hit ok on the transponder you entered and then at the top it says: Scan mode. Go to that and then hit the right arrow to change to PID and then go down and change it, to what you want. Also works of course on a TP already there.

Would someone please tell me how to do a manual PID entry. The manual doesn't say how. The one thread I could find went off on a tangent without mentioning how other than that it's "tricky".

Page 52 should point you in the right direction. :D

Manual PID entry?

Can you scan a channel by entering the frequency, SR, and PIDs with the remote on the micro or do you need to use an editor? I was trying yesterday but couldn't find any place for an advanced scan.

Yes. You may manually scan a single channel by PID entry.

If the transponder is not in the TP list, add the transponder.
Set Scan Mode to Manual PID Entry
Input the VPID, APID and PCR then scan.

Edit: wescopc beat me to the post. :D

Thank you. I'll pm you some channels that require manual PID. You may already have them.

I dont see these in the wut section....
I know i am always interested in channels that are manual pid.
I would love to see them too.
come to think of it, how ARE those channels found in the first place?

Last edited:
has anyone actually successfully added a hidden channel by this procedure?

I have tried 5 times and every time the microHD has responded back with "program not found".

when I've taken a known non-hidden channel and tried it, I did get success.

for the five hidden ones I've tried and failed, I've had to end up using the editor to get 'r done.

It seems like the editor is the only way. But I stopped trying to use it since the editor zaps all of your motor/switch settings for all of your sats.

has anyone actually successfully added a hidden channel by this procedure?

I have tried 5 times and every time the microHD has responded back with "program not found".

You need a receiver with the more advanced ALi 3602 chip set such as the Manhattan to scan in hidden pids.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a receiver with the more advanced ALi 3602 chip set such as the Manhattan to scan in hidden pids.

same problem with manhattan on the signal I'm thinking of - did as instructed on the "mike's tips" page and still got "no program found". Used the external channel editor and got the channel to play fine.

PM an example and we will test and correct.

the one I tried the other night (and had to use the editor to accomplish) has gone away.

I'll PM you the next situation I find where I get a "no program" error upon trying to manually enter pids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts